PDA

View Full Version : Rough start..

sniper_1
12-11-2008, 07:50 AM
92 525i....297k on odometer..

Ok here....

I looked this up but can't find any relative info... so here it goes.....I left work yesterday and noticed that when I started out the motor bogged and had poor accell until around 2500 rpm....shift to second.....same.....4th ok 5th when running at 65 if I try to pass someone it boggs until it kicks in.... Not sure what has caused this.... when sitting still and the car just running at an idle.... if you stomp the gas it boggs a bit then revs on up.... I am thinking coil packs...But My battery is extremely weak.... like I am buying one tonight..,,Hard to start inthe morning from lack of juice and if I leave the lights on for more that 4 minutes withoutthe car running....forget it... no start.... It is at the point where I wont try blasting my way into traffic because Iknow the car will bogg and I wont make it..... Anyway... any help would b great.....:dunno:

bimmer dot info
12-11-2008, 09:34 AM
I had similar issues (esp the 2500 rpm). A few new coils cured it.
I'd do the battery first but start looking for coils. If it is going to take a little while to get the coils try a set of new plugs as a temporary repair (made my car slightly better).

sniper_1
12-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Cool thanks man.....I will do....