PDA

View Full Version : i need a honest answer here...

stunter411
12-11-2008, 09:08 AM
ok here we go i got rid of my e36 318 and now am thinking about e36 m3 or rx7. now i would like to get a honest answere here from somebody who drove both cars what did they like more??? and i know all the flaws about rx7..... i drove m3 after the 318 and that **** feelt like a rocket comparing to 4c, but i never drove a rx7 so i dont know what is the feel:dunno:....thanks

egk2
12-14-2008, 01:20 PM
I own an e36 m3 and my brother used to own a 1993 rx7 twin turbo, not sure what year you're asking about. The rx7 tt was a blast to drive and with little mods was much faster but they do run into problems with the apex seals with high miles, not a cheap fix. I'd much rather own an e36 m3, not faster but handles better, looks better, built better, etc...

Mazda build quality is questionable imo. get the e36 m3:thumbup:

ianiac
12-15-2008, 10:39 AM
What year you talking about? Makes a huge difference.

e36m34life
12-15-2008, 04:38 PM
It's not as simple as just saying one or the other is better. There are so many variables that could sway the decision that you need to go over. I'm talking about reliability, parts availability, tuning potential, insurance costs, price, condition of car, whether you are financing or paying cash, and there are tons more.

I highly suggest you do your homework, doesn't sound like you have.

stunter411
12-16-2008, 04:04 PM
i was talking about 93 tt, the only reason why i dont want to get a bmw its bc while i owned 318 i have spend around 6-7000 in less then a year in repairs, that car was more in the shop then i drove it:cry:. i never had anything else besides germans...and i do not want to get in the same trap, after all i would expect parts for rx7 would be mutch mutch more cheaper. One more thing i go drifting 2-3 days out of the week that is one of the reasons why i had so many problems with the 318...

Bruce
12-16-2008, 05:17 PM
No way would I think that parts/repairs on a RX7 TT to be less than any BMW.

mike8271
12-26-2008, 12:51 AM
i was talking about 93 tt, the only reason why i dont want to get a bmw its bc while i owned 318 i have spend around 6-7000 in less then a year in repairs, that car was more in the shop then i drove it:cry:. i never had anything else besides germans...and i do not want to get in the same trap, after all i would expect parts for rx7 would be mutch mutch more cheaper. One more thing i go drifting 2-3 days out of the week that is one of the reasons why i had so many problems with the 318...

Stick with the bmw mate. I had a 93 tt and all i was doing is putting it in the garage (Mechanics) in the week so i could drive it weekends and by saturday evening it was being recovered again to go back. Tey are ok when running right.

Foxider2012
12-26-2008, 04:52 PM
I am new the Bmw Series, but I have owned an Rx7 and an Rx8 and honestly I would give both of those cars away for an M3.... the M3 is my newest addition, I herd allot about them through friends I race with. So I bought one, now granted I put a supercharger on it, I love it. It is one of the nicest looking, smoothest running cars I have ever owned. I havent run into Any problems but I have only had it about 8 months or so... My vote M3

PhilipWOT
12-26-2008, 06:41 PM
I've driven the piss out of both and simply comparing the cars I say definitely go for the RX-7. (with new apex seals, of course)
There are 2 kinds of RX-7s; RX-7s that have blown their engine, and RX-7s that haven't blown their engine yet.
If reliability is a concern at all, E36 M3 it is.
Good luck with your decision.

stunter411
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
thanks for your answers...i appreciate the honesty but i did something in the sense stupid, i got my self a bike....

BadgelessM3
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
God please stay awy from the mazda they look cool but suck. I thought the same thing untill last week when I just test drove the RX8 and Rx7. The mazda is no comparison to the m3. The mazda have zero torque and that's what the m3 has alot of. The m3 is far and above 90% of cars ou there. Going from the 318 to a M3 is a large leap so if you get one you will never want anything else. Allso the M3 motor is bullit prof. Just make sure the normal cooling system stuff is done and you will be all good. The reason you spent so much on the 318 is becuase that's a base entry BMW. In any car brand if you buy the base model they blow. Like you would never buy a V6 Mustang you would go for the V8 same is true with the M3.

e36m34life
01-23-2009, 05:41 PM
thanks for your answers...i appreciate the honesty but i did something in the sense stupid, i got my self a bike....

:facepalm: