PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good wheel shine product?

rodney
03-07-2002, 06:11 AM
The ones I always get spin off off the wheel and leave black marks on my paint! :(

Guest84
03-07-2002, 06:34 AM
You mean for the tire? I like Griots Vinyl and rubber cleaner (www.griotsgarage.com) however I must apply it every time I wash the car, it doesn't last long. Its not so shiny that it looks fake, yet its not too dull either. Great stuff, buy it by the 1/2 gallon now.

ALEX325i
03-07-2002, 06:38 AM
I think you meant a good tire care product... :p (j/k)

I use Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss (Gold Class Endurance is not bad either). You don't have to apply too much to get the high gloss effect and you really don't have to apply it every time time you wash your car (provided that it doesn't rain in between washes). I apply Gold Class Endurance High Gloss every other wash.

JD
03-07-2002, 07:07 AM
I use a Turtle Wax tire gel that has been discontinued. Not too shiny, lasted about 2 weeks and doesn't sling off the tires on to the lower body panels :thumb:

rodney
03-07-2002, 07:56 AM
I actually have some Griots Vinyl/rubber protectant, but as you said Rip, it doens't last long.

Alex, does the Meguiar's sling off the tires at all an onto the lower body panels?

ALEX325i
03-07-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by rodney
I actually have some Griots Vinyl/rubber protectant, but as you said Rip, it doens't last long.

Alex, does the Meguiar's sling off the tires at all an onto the lower body panels?

Nope... And I think the reason for that is you don't have to apply too much to get an awesome gloss... :thumb:

awd330
03-07-2002, 01:59 PM
I've also been using Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss for about a year. No problems with anything slinging off the tires. Like ALEX325i said, the key is to apply sparingly. Make sure you also buff off any excess after letting it set for a few minutes.

If you prefer a less shiny finish, you may want to try 303 Aerospace Protectant.