PDA

View Full Version : Good News for Shipping Coast to coast

CarDriver
12-26-2008, 07:26 AM
I just got my door for my Touring. It came from CA and was shipped to NJ. The door was 175 with shipping included.

They sent it Grey Hound Package Express. Yes, They wrapped it up and put it on a Bus. The only draw back is that the recipient has to pick it up from the nearest greyhound depot. But for the low shipping costs, it is not a bad sacrifice to make.

There was a guy in CA that was going to sell me a door for 100 but to ship UPS was about 300. Had we known about greyhound, I could have gotten the door from him :dunno:

So, If you want to ship a seat, door, fender, bumper across country, You may want to look into that method of shipping.

PS. The door shell I recieved is in pristine condition. There was not a single wire cut, the entire wiring harness and all connectors are intact and in place, no rust, no dents and the seals are all good. even the moldings are there! Talk about a great christmas gift :thumbup:

jaym540i
12-26-2008, 11:29 AM
I just got my door for my Touring. It came from CA and was shipped to NJ. The door was 175 with shipping included.

They sent it Grey Hound Package Express. Yes, They wrapped it up and put it on a Bus. The only draw back is that the recipient has to pick it up from the nearest greyhound depot. But for the low shipping costs, it is not a bad sacrifice to make.

There was a guy in CA that was going to sell me a door for 100 but to ship UPS was about 300. Had we known about greyhound, I could have gotten the door from him :dunno:

So, If you want to ship a seat, door, fender, bumper across country, You may want to look into that method of shipping.

PS. The door shell I recieved is in pristine condition. There was not a single wire cut, the entire wiring harness and all connectors are intact and in place, no rust, no dents and the seals are all good. even the moldings are there! Talk about a great christmas gift :thumbup:

When it comes to large and bulky items this is the way to ship items. I 've got some exhaust components for my 635csi coming from California and will be shipped via grey hound. It definitely reasonable with regards to shipping cost

CDE
12-26-2008, 04:06 PM
it usually is a good way to go unless it' a busy travel time typically especially for larger items. I've found in the past it is usually shipped pretty fast but if the bus is full, it doesn't ship. It's good you got a good deal! I've shipped 4 tires this method before and it was quick and fairly painless.

CarDriver
12-28-2008, 08:42 AM
it usually is a good way to go unless it' a busy travel time typically especially for larger items. I've found in the past it is usually shipped pretty fast but if the bus is full, it doesn't ship. It's good you got a good deal! I've shipped 4 tires this method before and it was quick and fairly painless.

LOL... Yeah, thats why it took eleven days to get here... :rofl:

But it was worth the wait. The door is on and there were nor shorts in the harness. Just had to drill out all the rivets from the regulator from the old door and replace them with 1/4-20 X 1/2 and shake-proof washers for the new door. :thumbup: