PDA

View Full Version : My Car is smart or I am dumb

evoasis
12-30-2008, 06:25 PM
But I don't expect cars to know when they have an owner's manual in them... My owner's manual light is poppin' up on the indicator. Anyone else have this problem? I was thinking of trying this reset method...
1. disconnect battery cables, first -, then +
2. turn ignition on position II
3. connect both battery cables ("short") for at least 10 minutes for drain of remaining power out of the system
4. ignition off
5. connect battery cables again to battery, first +, then -

PS: I went with a straight pipe from the resonator... hahaha!

Christopher

EDIT: The brake pad warning light is on too. I checked em, and the fronts look good, but there is no sensor, is there supposed to be a sensor on every brake?

nmp411
12-30-2008, 09:54 PM
The "Owners manual" prompt is on because your "Brake pad warning" light is on. Once it gets taken care of the owners manual light will be erased as well. If I remember correctly, the front left wheel, and the right rear wheel each have one. But when you are examining them make sure to really look them over because I have one that was causing a warning light and I couldn't figure out why, they looked fine to me, but then I realized that one of the wires pulled out from the connector but it was behind the rubber so you really couldn't see it. Good luck, I hope this helps.

bimmer dot info
12-31-2008, 07:35 AM
It is front left and right rear.

evoasis
12-31-2008, 10:50 AM
Damn, K cause I checked the front right :( doh! Thanks much!