PDA

View Full Version : Ideintifying Interior color of E34

jaym540i
01-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I have a BMW 95 540i 6-speed and I am wondering how or where can you identify the interior color of the vehicle. I have some type of tan but do not know what it is called. I need to match some interior pieces a need to know what the OEM interior color was called on these vehicles.

Jay

Tourburgring
01-09-2009, 10:16 PM
The most common is just referred to as Tan which is a medium beige or sand colour. There was also an very light beige that is usually referred to as Ivory - it is almost white, at least when it was new ;) German name for the Tan is Pergament, if that helps. Don't confuse Tan with Grey as some people do. There is also a Grey interior colour but it is a long way from the Tan/Beige/Sand shade.

sstuner
01-10-2009, 04:21 PM
get the dealer to run your vin for the options list, it tells everything about your car, it will even tell you the proper name for the interior color,

rdc
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
On a 95 e34 it is Parchment or Pergament leather. It is acutally a tanish/gray color, quite ditterent than beige.

The almost white colored leather is known as light silvergray

timcason
01-07-2010, 01:27 PM
If you pull up the back seat where the battery is and look on the bottom of the seat, you will find a piece of paper tucked into the frame that states all the options, colors, etc on your car out of the factory. Hopefully it is still there. You will need to do some German to english conversions but that is easy on the internet.

Tim

ross1
01-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Your tan is "pergament", parchment. no other tan color that year as far as I know.
Common color so replacements should be plentiful.
Early cars(pre'90?)used a bit darker tan called "natur", natural.

mrodoc
01-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a passenger side rear door panel that is the 1995 pergament color? I've done umteen searches, parting out vehicles. etc. All I've been able to find is the earlier year beige color, which is different from the 1995. Thanks.

CarDriver
01-14-2010, 03:54 AM
on a 95 e34 it is parchment or pergament leather. It is acutally a tanish/gray color, quite ditterent than beige.

The almost white colored leather is known as light silvergray

+1