PDA

View Full Version : Bimmerfest focus?

Parump
12-27-2001, 12:46 AM
John,

Congratulations on the creation of the new BMW board. Is the purpose of the board to promote improved communication of BMW owners? I am guessing that a jointly sponsored board with Arlington BMW wasn't desired or possible. As you have been an advocate and successful supporter of potential purchasers, Fred Meloan has been a valued resource for sales and mechanical information including the infamous E46 fan recall - he repeatedly provided images and detailed information that was indispensible for all of us. Overall, I would like to see the best features of both boards integrated into a single enterprise, so that sufficient number of sponsors can sustain the project's viability.

Best wishes to you and your family in 2002

Parump

jw
12-27-2001, 07:38 AM
Hmmm... many reads and no replies. Must be a touchy subject. :)

Wouldn't an email directly to the board owners/admins been the way to go?

Jon Shafer
12-27-2001, 08:41 AM
I never involved myself with the posting of that information on bimmer.org because Fred seemed to really get a kick out of it...

The difference between Fred and I is that I have been in the Automotive Retailing Industry for the past 16 years, and have been the General Sales Manager of a BMW Center (as well as several other brands, and a Finance Manager) for the past 7.

Mr. Meloan I believe has been working at Heishman for maybe two years now out of retirement from I don't know what career.
His experience (as far as I know) directly in our field extends no further than being an Internet Sales Manager there. His duties, from what I have been told, extend purely to posting on the message boards, and helping out the sales department. He generally has alot more time than I do to do this sort of stuff...

I'll try to be more thorough here since I doubt Fred will ever visit...

;)