PDA

View Full Version : Is everyone else having to click on attachments?

b-real
07-05-2003, 01:36 PM
I think it's an effect of the new update, but I would rather have it as before, where attachments automatically loaded within the post itself. Is there a fix for this? I've checked the options tab, and it is set to load attachments.

Patrick330i
07-05-2003, 02:00 PM
I think it's an effect of the new update, but I would rather have it as before, where attachments automatically loaded within the post itself. Is there a fix for this? I've checked the options tab, and it is set to load attachments.

I have to click on them, too. I am just afraid that people won't click on them to check out my new pics! :angel:

pixA4
07-05-2003, 03:32 PM
The main reason we went this route was to keep attachments in-line but also to help alleviate bandwidth and the load times for users on dial-up connections. If this turns out to be too big of a problem for the majority of users, we can always go back to the old way. I do know that there are quite a few dial-up users who have requested this in the past though.

Maybe we can find a way to mark it more clearly but I am not sure yet.

Nick325xiT 5spd
07-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Is there some way we can get an option for that in the profile?

It'd be nice to have that option for those annoying folks with antiquated access, but it's annoying to have to find even more things to click on. I've always made a habit of clicking a link and letting the whole page load, THEN reading it... This takes away the luzury of a fully loaded page.

Chaaaosss
07-05-2003, 07:13 PM
I selected the option in the User Prefs but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Still have to click on attachments.

powerdrift
07-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Is there some way we can get an option for that in the profile?

It'd be nice to have that option for those annoying folks with antiquated access, but it's annoying to have to find even more things to click on. I've always made a habit of clicking a link and letting the whole page load, THEN reading it... This takes away the luzury of a fully loaded page.

Ditto