PDA

View Full Version : Going through posts just seems slower.

Kaz
07-06-2003, 10:08 PM
No, it's not a response time problem. That's been fine. I don't know if it's the new layout, the things that the pix boys haven't able to get to yet, or just me, but it seems like everything takes twice as long as it used to.

-Using browser history to return to the View New Posts puts you back at the top of the page instead of where you left off, and you need to scroll down to where you last read a thread.

-The whole thing I've already mentioned about Refresh not refreshing everything

-The oft-mentioned empty space, big fonts (getting better), etc requiring way more scrolling around.

I know I should be mentioning things that are improved as well (and there are plenty) but as with anything, annoyances are what stand out.

chazzy
07-07-2003, 08:22 AM
The heavy timestamp and subject lines (navy background) makes it hard for the eye to go down the and follow the responses. There's such a jarring break between messages and it's hard to find where the next message begins. I don't mind the new colors and overall scheme, and the new software seems ok, but I'd try to keep the content clean and straightforward.

bmw325
07-07-2003, 09:40 AM
Agree- there's too much "dead space" with this new layout. I also don't like how the private messages feature shows you the sent items above your inbox.

Kaz
07-07-2003, 09:42 AM
I also don't like how the private messages feature shows you the sent items above your inbox.

Yeah, that's annoying too.

doeboy
07-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Agree- there's too much "dead space" with this new layout. I also don't like how the private messages feature shows you the sent items above your inbox.

Me too.... I go away for a weekend... come back, and :yikes: whaaaa??? :rofl:

Needless to say, I'm a bit confused right now... guess I'll have to start familiarizing myself with the new format.... :eeps: