PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Santa Barbara

imz4n
01-27-2009, 05:53 AM
Does anyone have a place to recommend? Not looking for a Motel 6.

rwalker
01-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Does anyone have a place to recommend? Not looking for a Motel 6.

Inn of the Spanish Garden is where we always stay in Santa Barbara.

http://spanishgardeninn.com/index.php

Call them for the best rates, deals. Tell 'em Rob Walker sent you.

-Rob

jwvZHP
02-01-2009, 08:28 AM
San Ysidro Ranch if you're willing to cough up the dough!

Steve in SB
02-02-2009, 10:20 AM
The Polo Grounds are about 10 minutes south of Earl Warren Showgrounds. They are closer to Carpinteria than SB. Carp has a few motels, B & Bs, etc. I think that the Best Western is probably the nicer of the Motels. Carpinteria should give you a few more options.

highboostingm3
02-04-2009, 11:55 AM
The Polo Grounds are about 10 minutes south of Earl Warren Showgrounds. They are closer to Carpinteria than SB. Carp has a few motels, B & Bs, etc. I think that the Best Western is probably the nicer of the Motels. Carpinteria should give you a few more options.
This is going to be the big decision maker. State Street is so fun with the bars, food, etc. The Polo Grounds are out there by themselves. Of course I am so pleased this event will have space for everyone so that people won't have to drive through and park in dirt like last year (so they say).

I am still thinking about staying near the fun stuff because you want to be close to the fun for cab rides, etc. I don't mind driving 10 minutes for the car show that morning and back.

Anyone agree with that?

bmw_e30
02-04-2009, 12:09 PM
This is going to be the big decision maker. State Street is so fun with the bars, food, etc. The Polo Grounds are out there by themselves. Of course I am so pleased this event will have space for everyone so that people won't have to drive through and park in dirt like last year (so they say).

I am still thinking about staying near the fun stuff because you want to be close to the fun for cab rides, etc. I don't mind driving 10 minutes for the car show that morning and back.

Anyone agree with that?

The best hotel that meets your requirements is probably the Motel 6 located on the Beach, 443 Corona Del Mar.

It's 5 min away from the polo grounds and 5 min from State St.

Plus, I'm staying there and can hook you up with a corporate code if you want.

There can be 2 boosted E36 M3's there if you stay there too.......:bigpimp:

BruinGM
02-04-2009, 01:14 PM
There are also various hotels, of various star levels between State St. and Castillo St. and between Cabrillo Blvd and Montecito, that are all walking distance to the bars on State street...

highboostingm3
02-04-2009, 01:50 PM
The best hotel that meets your requirements is probably the Motel 6 located on the Beach, 443 Corona Del Mar.

It's 5 min away from the polo grounds and 5 min from State St.

Plus, I'm staying there and can hook you up with a corporate code if you want.

There can be 2 boosted E36 M3's there if you stay there too.......:bigpimp:
HaHa thanks for chiming in. Two boosted e36s is always better than one. The normal destination would be Motel 6 on State but that is way too far IMO. Maybe I will rethink this.
There are also various hotels, of various star levels between State St. and Castillo St. and between Cabrillo Blvd and Montecito, that are all walking distance to the bars on State street...
OK those are some good points. It would be really nice to be within walking distance of the bars and since I won't be having a roommate this time, it doesn't matter where I stay really. So I don't need to be at a Motel 6 where most of the people are at. I would rather go to the bars than chill on a balcony with booze. I like this idea, thanks.

Bimmer Man
03-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey guys check out the Ramada Ltd. It is right down the street from In and out, it was just remodeled and is always filled to the brim with sick looking bimmers. Think about it.

Keith
03-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Hey guys check out the Ramada Ltd. It is right down the street from In and out, it was just remodeled and is always filled to the brim with sick looking bimmers. Think about it.

Yeah, but don't forget IHOP is across the street, but personally I don't care about IHOP, I LOVE the waffles at the Ramada and they're FREE!!!!!!!!! ::banana:

This will be our 9th year staying at the Ramda and it's ALWAYS a great time, our own little BMW show is in the parking lot. :thumbup: :D

Be on the look out for our 200 plus car caravan coming down from the SF/Bay Area. :drive: ......... :roundel:

GoodOlSappy
03-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Im staying at the motel 6 on state street. I figure why pay alot of money for a room when i could spend that money on booze!

ths916m3
03-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Any other deals or group rates at local hotels. I am just going to be sleeping at the hotel, but it does have to be clean