PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Add a "Flame Forum"

Guest84
07-08-2003, 01:25 PM
:rofl:

(Sorry, couldn't resist---Flame forums been removed)

Alex Baumann
07-08-2003, 01:30 PM
nope, it's been merged with OT.

JPinTO
07-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Buh bye now... thanks for playing.

Guest84
07-08-2003, 01:32 PM

Oh! Thks Alex. Edit: Flame forum itself is gone, the posts have been merged. ;)

Did I play? How much did I spend?

Jon Shafer
07-08-2003, 01:35 PM

Everything posted there now is a matter of record.
However, from this point forward, flame threads will be handled
as they would be in any other forum.

Kaz
07-08-2003, 01:36 PM
So does this, plus Jon's mention of banishment means that overuse of OT as a replacement for The Flame will lead to actual banishment?

I saw something in the general direction of this coming when Jon posted the first day after going to the new software re: how long we can go with 0 banishments.

Alex Baumann
07-08-2003, 01:37 PM
Everything posted there now is a matter of record.
However, from this point forward, flame threads will be handled
as they would be in any other forum.

:thumbup:

hts
07-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Are 'banishment' temporary or permanent?

In other words, can you be banned (i.e., suspended from high school) for like 3 days, but if you really F up, you're permanently expelled?

:D

What made me think of this was that thread about the M3 liar on the other board, where the Mod said he had been banned for like 3 days or something.

It wouldn't be too terrible to get temporarily suspended from the Fest (worse things have happened), but I can't imagine being permanently expelled.

JPinTO
07-08-2003, 01:56 PM
:thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Kaz
07-08-2003, 01:58 PM
Are 'banishment' temporary or permanent?

In other words, can you be banned (i.e., suspended from high school) for like 3 days, but if you really F up, you're permanently expelled?

:D

What made me think of this was that thread about the M3 liar on the other board, where the Mod said he had been banned for like 3 days or something.

It wouldn't be too terrible to get temporarily suspended from the Fest (worse things have happened), but I can't imagine being permanently expelled.

But there would likely be different results depending on what kind of person gets banned.

-They disappear and it's no big deal, maybe :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:ing on other boards about being banned.
-They come back after their 'Time Out' and are OK
-They come back after their 'Time Out,' are pissed off and cause all sorts of havoc.
etc.

I think the admins are going to have to decide on what they feel is going to work for them.

Guest84
07-09-2003, 07:17 AM
I'm guessing that the broke rules will first lead to a warning, then a 2nd offense will be some sort of temporary banishment (like 2 or 3 days) and the 3rd warning would be longer (like 2 weeks or something) Considering Jon does not really want to ban anyone, I would imagine that after the 3rd warning, it'd be handled in a case by case situation.

HW
07-09-2003, 10:27 AM
dang :mad: i keep clicking the showroom board by accident :confused: