PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Clarkson: 730d review

gokartmozart
02-09-2009, 05:11 AM
Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) on the 730d (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article5676222.ece)

Ah, here we go again...

TheCritic
02-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Wow, he actually has a point, hadn't thought about iDrive, even the new one, in right-hand-drive cars... I could see how that would suck. I absolutely despise trying to use a computer setup for a left-hander.

manithemoneyman
02-13-2009, 10:58 PM
That's a pretty valid point that I must admit I didnt even think about all this while with my current car and IDrive...

SandNs new 528
03-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Clarkson HAS to say something irrelevant - I'm left handed and have no problem whatsoever using IDrive (or using a MT)

Lanc3r
03-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Clarkson HAS to say something irrelevant - I'm left handed and have no problem whatsoever using IDrive (or using a MT)

Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) on the 730d (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article5676222.ece)

Ah, here we go again...

Wow, he actually has a point, hadn't thought about iDrive, even the new one, in right-hand-drive cars... I could see how that would suck. I absolutely despise trying to use a computer setup for a left-hander.

Ask him how he drives a Right Hand Drive manual. :rolleyes:

philippek
03-13-2009, 01:59 PM
I can't believe he spent fully half the article talking about left-handers, then spent one paragaph--3 sentences--on how it drives.

chrischeung
03-19-2009, 01:09 PM
I can't believe he spent fully half the article talking about left-handers, then spent one paragaph--3 sentences--on how it drives.

Well - if you saw Cindy Crawford with a wart, I think you'd talk about the wart more than everything else.

It probably just took his focus away - or you create better headlines???

philippek
03-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Well - if you saw Cindy Crawford with a wart, I think you'd talk about the wart more than everything else.

It probably just took his focus away - or you create better headlines???

I guess I don't really see the location of the knob as a wart--and certainly nothing that deserves practically an entire article. I mean, he's managed to learn how to drive a stick shift with his left hand, right?

manithemoneyman
03-19-2009, 01:36 PM
I guess I don't really see the location of the knob as a wart--and certainly nothing that deserves practically an entire article. I mean, he's managed to learn how to drive a stick shift with his left hand, right?

Not all of Clarkson's articles are straight to the point car reviews... most of them are editorials and meant as entertainment with cars as a background.