PDA

View Full Version : My New X5, Sport lights?

larrybmw
07-10-2003, 08:21 PM
This S(A/U)V is great!! We picked it up yesterday. Steel Gray w/black, prem,cold,Heated SW,climate,PDC,Xenon,Auto the car had 15 miles on it. I know everyone has seen an X5 before but I'll post some pictures this weekend.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get the sport lights (white and red)? Some 4.6 Wheels would be nice too. Any suggestions?

Larry

Masskrug
07-11-2003, 01:14 AM
Crevier sponsors the Toadfly X5 board.
Pacific and Circle are the traditional online sources.

Gotta put in a plug for Cutter! They seem to be trying to gather some support for being a parts place!

suzer
07-11-2003, 07:29 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but ....

How's the PDC? I love, love, love my X5, but it is harder for me to park than my last vehicle. I think it's mostly because I had that one for so many years that I knew its exact boundaries, but also on the X5 I can't see off the front (I'm pretty small - under 5'3"). I've curbed it backwards once, now and I really don't want to be one of "those" drivers with a dent in the back bumper from hitting some unseen obstacle.

Tominizer
07-11-2003, 07:38 AM
I've found that if you're moving slow enuf, that once the beeping goes solid, then your ok to stop. When I first got the X5, I had to back it into our small two car garage. The mirrors barely fit through the door and it's tight on all sides. I crapped my pants the first few weeks. But now I've gotten use to it ............. using the mirrors and the PDC. I came from a 2000 328i that I use to just "throw" into the garage. Can't do that with the larger X5 :(

suzer
07-11-2003, 11:52 AM
I have to fold in my mirrors to fit the X5 into my garage. That's probably the only place that it is easy to park for me - the tennis ball from the rafter tells me when I'm safe to stop, and it's so tight side to side that I have to line it up on the driveway and then just go straight in. I used to drive a 4Runner, and it was just different in size, I guess. Of course, I really can't remember what it was like to go from the Celica to the 4Runner - I imagine I must have had all sorts of trouble, it just was too long ago to recall.

I find that I'm perpetually off center in parking spots, and I scared myself to death hitting that curb last week backing out of a parking spot. A lot of it is just carelessness on my part, and I can work on that. I just wondered about the PDC in general.

SmackX54.4
07-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but ....

How's the PDC? I love, love, love my X5, but it is harder for me to park than my last vehicle. I think it's mostly because I had that one for so many years that I knew its exact boundaries, but also on the X5 I can't see off the front (I'm pretty small - under 5'3"). I've curbed it backwards once, now and I really don't want to be one of "those" drivers with a dent in the back bumper from hitting some unseen obstacle.

PDC in my X5 works great. The only part that bothers me about it is when entering a garage the side obsticles get "picked" up by the sensors and activate the BEEPS.

Still hesitsant when parking but the systems works great. Constant tone = about 10". Cameras on the front and back would be ultra-cool..... :rofl: