PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of "search this thread" box

JetBlack330i
07-11-2003, 06:17 AM
It's taking up valuable screen real estate.
Practically every browser has a search function. Yes, you have to go through each page, but how often is that function used anyways?

Alex Baumann
07-11-2003, 07:11 AM
I find this feature great. I don't have to click on the search on the top of the screen and wait for it to load.

It's very practical, IMO.

JetBlack330i
07-11-2003, 07:18 AM
I'm talking about a local search using your browser's function as opposed to any board function.
In IE, ctrl-f, then type any work you want to search for. It's much faster than typing in that silly box and waiting for a database search and the page to load. Then you still have to click on the resulting threads to view the post.
Oh well... I can see it needed for gigantic 20-page long threads...

Alex Baumann
07-11-2003, 07:22 AM
I'm talking about a local search using your browser's function as opposed to any board function.
In IE, ctrl-f, then type any work you want to search for. It's much faster than typing in that silly box and waiting for a database search and the page to load. Then you still have to click on the resulting threads to view the post.

Oops, sowwy, I read it wrong, I was commenting on the Search this forum box.

You're right. I'm sorry.

Need more coffee :drink:

·clyde·
07-11-2003, 07:26 AM
It's taking up valuable screen real estate.
Practically every browser has a search function. Yes, you have to go through each page, but how often is that function used anyways?
I agree that it takes up space where it shouldn't. I do like the ability to search through long theads, though. Maybe putting it in the bottom section of the page would be worth a try? :dunno:

The Roadstergal
07-11-2003, 03:43 PM
I agree that it takes up space where it shouldn't. I do like the ability to search through long theads, though. Maybe putting it in the bottom section of the page would be worth a try? :dunno:

Nah, ctrl-F works fine for that.

·clyde·
07-11-2003, 04:38 PM
Not multi page threads