PDA

View Full Version : what to use on leather?

eugeneDC/TX
03-11-2002, 09:07 PM
i'm getting the m3 steering wheel, what should i clean it with? thanks

alee
03-12-2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX
i'm getting the m3 steering wheel, what should i clean it with? thanks
I use the Lexol leather cleaner which does a great job of cleaning the dirt and grime out of the wheel, and then I condition with Lexol leather conditioner. Any good leather treatment should work though. Don't use too much or you'll make a mess.

ism409
03-12-2002, 08:02 AM
alee... Do you use the conditioner every time you use the cleaner???????
Thnx
-ism

Dr. Phil
03-12-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by ism409
Thnx
-ism
If I know Al he uses it twice a week and yes he cleans it that often as well:yikes:

alee
03-12-2002, 08:38 AM
Thnx
-ism
I use the cleaner every other month. It really isn't necessary to do it even that often.

Conditioner I use once or twice a month. More often on the driver's seat and steering wheel to keep the leather soft since it gets used the most.

ism409
03-12-2002, 12:34 PM
Oh I see.. It is not necessarily a 2 step process then..

alee
03-12-2002, 12:36 PM
Oh I see.. It is not necessarily a 2 step process then..
If you clean, you should definitely condition afterwards. Otherwise, just condition.

ism409
03-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Makes sense....Thanks! :D

ChadS
03-22-2002, 11:06 AM
The best stuff to use is Leatherique (www.leatherique.com). They are expensive, but their products are the best I have every used and I have tried every leather conditioner/cleaner out there (better than Lexol). I even had an old leather jacket that somebody gave me that was as hard as cardboard, but after a few coats of their Rejuvinator Oil, that thing was like new. When I showed the jacket to my friend that gave it to me, he wanted it back because he was suprised that it looked brand new again; I kept it though. Another friend of mine who has a '98 740iL has used Leatherique since she purchased the car and her seats still look just a good as the day she got the car with very little wear, if any, showing.

Chad