PDA

View Full Version : E.S.S. Chip vs Dinan Engine Software?? Which works?

theasiansource
07-18-2003, 06:50 AM
The E.S.S chip claims to increase horsepower from 188 to 195. However, speaking to DINAN, they said that there is next to no possible way to get that kind of increase with a chip. I have a 2001 525i.
Dinan recommended the engine software and the cold air intake. Wondering if anyone else has done this.

mottati
07-19-2003, 11:21 AM
in the past, i've replaced dinan software with confortti software and 'think' i can feel an improvement. Dinan is known to be conservative with their programming, but they also maintain the warranty which is certainly nice with a new car.
The real question is, what is 7 or so hp worth? it's not an amount you will feel, i doubt performance times (0-60 etc) will improve. Is the knowledge that you have a couple extra hp be worth $3-400?
If you really want some more hp out of a new 525, go to www.esstuning.com and get their S/C, as i think i've said on another post.
Mike

theasiansource
07-19-2003, 06:55 PM
in the past, i've replaced dinan software with confortti software and 'think' i can feel an improvement. Dinan is known to be conservative with their programming, but they also maintain the warranty which is certainly nice with a new car.
The real question is, what is 7 or so hp worth? it's not an amount you will feel, i doubt performance times (0-60 etc) will improve. Is the knowledge that you have a couple extra hp be worth $3-400?
If you really want some more hp out of a new 525, go to www.esstuning.com and get their S/C, as i think i've said on another post.
Mike

By S/C do u mean shark code? or chip? I am loooking at their site right now. Actually, is shark code another word for chip? thanks again

Clarke
07-20-2003, 02:02 AM
Mottati is talking about the ESS Supercharger kit.You will feel the power difference plus a lighter wallet for even better performance.

Plaz
07-20-2003, 02:15 AM
plus a lighter wallet for even better performance.

:lmao: :lmao: