PDA

View Full Version : No highbeam lights

schnell323
03-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I just purchased an 82' euro spec 323i and my highbeam lights did not work. I bought new H1's and installed them and still no highbeams. I have been reading some of the posts on this forum and it seems that alot of the problems related to headlights is somehow linked to the emergency flasher. Does anyone think this could also be my problem? I also noticed that when I push my headlight switch half way in, my driver side headlight stays on and the passenger side goes off. Could this be a bad headlight switch?

romeomike
05-13-2009, 06:17 PM
I have E30s, nothing older than 1990, so adapt as required. Recently I found four Hella H4s at the salvage yard from a 633 and put them on a 91 318i in place of the sealed beams. Low beams worked great, with the high beams selected none of the headlights worked. I remembered from other posts about the potential higher current draw. Sure enough, fuses 1 and 2 (high beams) were blown. I put in some 10A fuses (compared to the 7.5A), and now all my headlights work.

I can't speak to your issue with the headlight switch. Hope this helps at least somewhat.