PDA

View Full Version : Best Air Conditioning, Ever?

suzer
07-18-2003, 11:28 AM
I thought I had the ultimate refrigerator on wheels in my 95 4Runner. Boy was I wrong. It has been hot, hot, hot and did I mention HOT here in Kansas/Missouri, and my X5, even with the black leather interior takes less than 2 minutes to cool down to the point where I need to turn the climate control off of auto and down a couple of notches. I haven't sat in the back seat, so I don't know how it is there (I do have the rear climate package, but no one to check it out).

If only I could manufacture some way to go from my air conditioned office to my air conditioned vehicle without getting so warm - of course parking at the very end of the parking lot to get a good safe spot isn't helping. :rolleyes:

bten
07-18-2003, 09:33 PM
You can set the timer to ventilate the X5 about 10 min. before you get off from work, It will be somewhat cooler.

suzer
07-19-2003, 05:50 PM
I did not know that. Thanks!

SARAFIL
07-19-2003, 05:53 PM
I did not know that. Thanks!

You need to have the upgraded on board computer or the NAV system to get the Auxiliary Ventilation Feature, but it is definately a nice little toy to have.

suzer
07-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Without reading the manual - since that involves actually getting up and leaving the computer - how do I know if I have the upgraded computer? I don't have NAV.

bten
07-19-2003, 05:58 PM
Without reading the manual - since that involves actually getting up and leaving the computer - how do I know if I have the upgraded computer? I don't have NAV.

I think it is part of the Premium Package. Which your sig says you have. :thumbup:

suzer
07-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Super. I think I vaguely remember the Client Advisor telling me the computer was different from the X5 I test drove. He was telling me so much, and I was so excited that I barely processed it all.

Now I will actually turn off the computer and go read the manual! :D

Thanks again!

Masskrug
07-20-2003, 10:42 PM
Super. I think I vaguely remember the Client Advisor telling me the computer was different from the X5 I test drove. He was telling me so much, and I was so excited that I barely processed it all.

Now I will actually turn off the computer and go read the manual! :D

Thanks again!

Best a/c? Definitely yes! Kicks butt on the 3'er, and up to par with most Yankmobiles!

I think I'd like to tint out the front window to minimize the solar input. Have you looked into this?

suzer
07-21-2003, 12:20 PM
I haven't looked into tinting the front. I'm still in the honeymoon phase of owning my X5 where everything is just great and perfect and I haven't thought of making any changes.

I did figure out the ventilation timer thing with the computer, and that was kinda neat. I probably won't use it often, but it was good to find out about.

Emission
07-21-2003, 06:51 PM
"...I thought I had the ultimate refrigerator on wheels in my 95 4Runner. "

We had a '97 4Runner and crossing the desert with ambient temps in the 105-110 F. range you'd have to turn OFF the A/C it would get so cold in the truck! Even on the lowest setting, you'd FREEZE! Crazy!

We took our X5 on the same trip (LA to Tucson) in June and it did extraordinarily well (easily up to par with the 4Runner). Better yet, the AUTO A/C was one-touch - no messing with settings.

Masskrug
07-21-2003, 06:55 PM
We had a '97 4Runner and crossing the desert with ambient temps in the 105-110 F. range you'd have to turn OFF the A/C it would get so cold in the truck! Even on the lowest setting, you'd FREEZE! Crazy!

We took our X5 on the same trip (LA to Tucson) in June and it did extraordinarily well (easily up to par with the 4Runner). Better yet, the AUTO A/C was one-touch - no messing with settings.

I dunno, I'm pretty crazy I guess coz I DO like the blue/red dial thingy on the dash to really fine tune the temp. It works really well. I don't find the "auto" temp settings to be too accurate.

I don't think the dual climate zones work so good. My wife is always cold, but we can't get her side warm enough to her liking, while maintaining it cool enough for me.

Bavarian
07-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Best a/c? Definitely yes! Kicks butt on the 3'er, and up to par with most Yankmobiles!

I think I'd like to tint out the front window to minimize the solar input. Have you looked into this?

You kidding about the 3-Series having a good AC, right? Cuz the E46's AC is WEAK stuff. I'll tell you what's a MONSTER AC. The one in the Audi A6 - I have caught colds many a time from that!