BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

528e Headlight Switch Rebuilding

7K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  86BlueDoor 
#1 ·
Has anyone taken their headlight switch apart and rebuilt it and photographed the process? I took mine apart and I couldn't see the order they went in since the pieces went all over the place when I opened it. :cry:

#3 ·
I have this extra unit available if you are still in need of one (left one available; the right one is mine).

Question 1) Is there suppose to be a 'back lit' light to highlight positions (off, park,headlight) on these switches??

Question 2) For the fog light switch, should there be a light bulb that comes on to indicate that the light is 'on'?

#4 ·
There is a small light in the back of the switch that illuminates it and most of the time when it brins out people don't ever bother to replace it. As for the fog light status, it shows up in your dashboard, just below the speedometer. It's a greenish clolred light (when lit!).

#5 · (Edited)
The switch on the right is the same as my original one that is broken, I bought an exact replacement to it on ebay which I'm waiting for in the mail. I got the one on the left yesterday at an auto wrecker, but it says LICHT and AUS instead of LIGHTS and OFF. My dashboard has a push button for the fog light that always stays illuminated, but if it is on the green fog light icon lights up on the dashboard. The car with the other switch from the wrecker had some sort of slider and switch assembly for the fog lights that looks almost the same as the head light switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.