PDA

View Full Version : New X5 owner... :)

GUINNESS
07-19-2003, 10:36 AM
Hi all, my wife and I are the new owners of a 2000 Topaz X5 4.4/sport pkg/19s/climate/moonroof/cd (no xenons :( ). Thought I'd stop in here and say hello to everyone. Also figured while here I would ask if we got it at a good price or were totally taken for a ride. I know, not much we can do about it now, but I still want to know. It has 21,100 miles, fairly nice exterior with minor minor barely noticable scratches and we got it for $39,300 +tax/tags/title. So, what do you think?

Anyway, I'm happy cause it's topaz, my wife is happy cause it's an X5... the step and sport mode are amazing! :thumbup: And maybe in a few years I'll be able to get a 330i zhp or M3 :D

Now I just have to change my signature.

Emission
07-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

Your car is very nice, and your price is pretty good too (don't stress about it - enjoy the X5).

What are you coming from? Another SUV?

GUINNESS
07-19-2003, 01:56 PM
I'm coming from a 2000 VW GTI VR6. She's coming from a 2000 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 sport (which we still have to sell). Next we'll be working on getting me a nice $2 - $4k track car... I see you've got a pretty sweet one there.

Thanks for the welcome and I'm sure we'll be enjoying the X5 and soon be fighting over who gets to drive... my wife will be driving it more though, it is after all her birthday present :)

Masskrug
07-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Congrats on the new car!

You'll love every minute you have to drive it on those family car trips. If fact, you'll end up trying to find reasons just to go somewhere!

suzer
07-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Welcome!

Sounds like a great X5. I have no idea what the price would be on that, but I agree with Emission - just enjoy it!

You are also right about fighting over driving it - I'm the daily driver, but I haven't driven on a weekend in about 6 weeks.

Emission
07-19-2003, 06:33 PM
I can honestly say that our X5 is the best vehicle we (my wife and I) have ever purchased. Period.

It is fun to drive, has plenty of room, is very safe, is AWD, and is comfortable. We've owned about 15 cars, so that is saying a LOT about the X5.

Katt
07-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Great mileage for a 2000. Congrats!!!

Katt

Phil F
07-25-2003, 08:55 PM
I can honestly say that our X5 is the best vehicle we (my wife and I) have ever purchased. Period.

It is fun to drive, has plenty of room, is very safe, is AWD, and is comfortable. We've owned about 15 cars, so that is saying a LOT about the X5.

My wife and I would agree. It has been the perfect family hauler. We also own an e46 (325xi). And to the X5 bashers (most seem to be 3 series owners) I would just say "drive the X5" and you'll see why it sells like it does.

AndDown
07-26-2003, 08:47 AM
Great mileage for a 2000. Congrats!!!

Katt

Hi Katt, nice to see you on this board as well. I just joined and find the postings are alittle more civilized here, if you know what I mean!!! I've been spending more time on the 3er board since I just picked up a new 325 sedan - what a fun car to drive, but the X still makes me grin! No regrets getting the X.

Datan

Katt
07-28-2003, 12:32 PM
Hi Katt, nice to see you on this board as well. I just joined and find the postings are alittle more civilized here, if you know what I mean!!! I've been spending more time on the 3er board since I just picked up a new 325 sedan - what a fun car to drive, but the X still makes me grin! No regrets getting the X.

Datan

Hi Datan,

Nice to see you!! and I do know what ya mean,lol.

Congrats on the new 3 and have fun with it. Had a 3er as a loaner when the X was in for some work and it really is a fun car to drive, but I did really miss my X.

See you at the next X5 meet

Katt :D

SupraRZ
08-21-2003, 02:18 AM
Wow, very nice! My first choice was topaz blue too, but having owned 3 blue cars I think it was time for a change :)