PDA

View Full Version : All SoCal Caravan Schedule and Information

bimmerxtreme09
03-31-2009, 11:38 AM
This is for all LA County, OC, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, San Diego and other SoCal Caravans for May 2 Bimmerfest, please share your detail schedules and information.

Let's all try to schedule our take-off time and try to merge at one place (maybe 101/405 intersection) where all Caravans can meet at the same time and form a great huge group of Caravan to Santa Barbara for Bimmerfest '09, similar to last year's caravan.

vahemini
03-31-2009, 12:29 PM
GLENDALE BURBANK SOULD MEET AT THE IN n OUT on harvy, GCC parkinglot, or GHS. agreed? lol

6 Brit
03-31-2009, 01:02 PM
all should meet in ventura before the 20 min drive to SB ;)
Just to re-group and all roll in together

bimmerxtreme09
03-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Please have all the organizers input their schedule of take-off and locations here so everyone will be informed.

leeor
04-01-2009, 09:58 AM
ill take action on the LA caravan i guess! as long as someone keeps in touch with me and lets me know when to depart......

6 Brit
04-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Still say we should all (all caravans) meet in Ventura which is about 20 min south of the location...and re-group so we can all come in one huge herd...
at whatever set time/location

leeor
04-01-2009, 11:21 PM
thats too far, it wont be as fun of a drive itll just make it shorter... LA meet will be at the same location, same rules, regulations, blah blah everything the same...

saeedibijan
04-02-2009, 09:00 AM
ill meet you in LA.. its about 50 min away from me.. i have other buddies with e46's that want to go too so we might convoy up to you or something

leeor
04-02-2009, 09:54 AM
LOS ANGELES CARAVAN: 6:30 AM MAY 2ND, 2009.

13750 Riverside Dr.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(RIGHT OFF WOODMAN/101, BY WOODMAN AND RIVERSIDE)

PARKING LOT BEHIND ROSS.

more info will be posted shortly!

6 Brit
04-02-2009, 11:03 AM
thats too far, it wont be as fun of a drive itll just make it shorter... LA meet will be at the same location, same rules, regulations, blah blah everything the same...

er...it's actually on the way for you...:dunno:

So you guys will probably be in the neighborhood (mine) around 8-9 am
I am just tryin to figure out what time I want to show up

finkle
04-02-2009, 02:18 PM
LOS ANGELES CARAVAN: 6:30 AM MAY 2ND, 2009.

13750 Riverside Dr.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
(RIGHT OFF WOODMAN/101, BY WOODMAN AND RIVERSIDE)

PARKING LOT BEHIND ROSS.

more info will be posted shortly!

I'd throw that into a new thread and also onto the various BMW sites as well. Thanks for taking the lead btw.

leeor
04-02-2009, 06:31 PM
yea, ive thrown it into e90post, and bimmerforums... im a bit tied up with stuff so doing some here an there, in a few days ill have time to go all out.

and no problem, i was getting paranoid myself so i said lets go on with it!

bimmerxtreme09
04-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Sounds good!

bimmerxtreme09
04-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Here's the info from last year, let's go with these and have the other organizers from OC, San Diego and other locations share their ETA on the 101/405 intersection where we can merge all the caravans.

at 6:30 a.m., the morning of Bimmerfest. We will leave at approximately 7:00 a.m., when the San Diego and Orange County portions of the caravan will be merging onto the 101, from the 405. A representative from the Southern caravan will contact us at a set distance from the merger, at which point we will get on the 101, drive the two miles to the 405 and the two caravans will merge together, becoming one huge, BMW entity. This is the goal, of course you never know what might happen. Regardless, we will all work towards making this a safe, unforgettable experience.

With that in mind, there are things that the organizers encourage and others that are not***8230;

Please be on time- The caravan will consist of hundreds of enthusiasts and unfortunately cannot wait for people running late. If you live far away, please come early and plan ahead in case of traffic.

Obey all traffic laws- We cannot and do not advocate the running of traffic lights, stop signs and any other posted traffic laws. This includes the speed limit. With this many cars together (many of which modified) we may draw the attention of the police. What we are doing is not illegal, but we do not want anyone stopped by the police.

Do not race and/or draw undue attention towards yourself- This includes aggressive take-offs at stops and any other behavior that is dangerous or illegal.

leeor
04-02-2009, 07:51 PM
alright, posted on all bimmerfest, bimmerpost, and m5board. Its on!

now all I need for the LA/Valley caravan is information from other organizers so that we can all meet and make it productive!

bimmerxtreme09
04-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks leeor for the posts! Can't wait for the day! Should we set a channel for the radio so we can communicate when we get there? Also to communicate with the other caravans.

leeor
04-02-2009, 09:38 PM
sure, i wanted to do that last year, your talking about walkie-talkies?

bimmerxtreme09
04-02-2009, 11:02 PM
yea walkie-talkie. Easy way to know if the other caravan are coming.

Seeley
04-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Still say we should all (all caravans) meet in Ventura which is about 20 min south of the location...and re-group so we can all come in one huge herd...
at whatever set time/location

I live in thousand Oaks and Last year I guess people gathered at the Circuit City off Lynn before going to SB. Its a great place to meet up before because they just went out of business and there is well over 100 parking spots!! Let me know what everyone thinks:thumbup:

If someone can PM me if they know where the E39's are meeting cuz I cant find anything on that. Thanks:)

6 Brit
04-14-2009, 12:53 PM
I live in Ventura, I don't really want to drive the opposite direction. I will be rollin in with an M5 and a modified cooper s

leeor
04-15-2009, 12:15 AM
yea ventura should be another meet. 6brit you can lead :P

smilez
04-15-2009, 06:10 AM
IE caravan

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210978

Sam's Club parking lot behind Arby's on Miliken
951 N Milliken Ave, Ontario, CA

prep328
04-15-2009, 03:45 PM
i coming from La Canada Flintridge, thats like 15 mins away down the 2 freeway.. SCORE!!! 7am thats early as balls.. Are we racing or is this one big bimmerfest saturday drive? im sure as a bimmer owner.. WE SHALL DANCE. Im thinking something like the gumball rally. LOL..

Stylin76er
04-16-2009, 01:22 AM
SD caravan now posted check it out

Easy_Now
04-16-2009, 07:49 AM
i coming from La Canada Flintridge, thats like 15 mins away down the 2 freeway.. SCORE!!! 7am thats early as balls.. Are we racing or is this one big bimmerfest saturday drive? im sure as a bimmer owner.. WE SHALL DANCE. Im thinking something like the gumball rally. LOL..

This is not a race or a rally. In my opinion, the caravan to the event is the best part so I hope d-bags don't mess it up by acting like d-bags.

6 Brit
04-16-2009, 10:09 AM
This is not a race or a rally. In my opinion, the caravan to the event is the best part so I hope d-bags don't mess it up by acting like d-bags.

uh yeah and it's VERY likely the police know about the event so speeding it probably a very very bad idea...they are just waiting for us!!

gotta meet that quota baby

volcomnator999
04-16-2009, 11:06 AM
no racing or NOTHING....im pretty sure we are all mature enough to know that racing or any kind of stunts will get us in trouble and endanger other peoples lives

leeor
04-16-2009, 11:12 AM
lets close off the 101 and just do donuts!

smilez
04-16-2009, 02:08 PM
lets close off the 101 and just do donuts!

yeah, and we do some street races while we are at it.

all in all. drive SAFE. We dont want any lawbreakers during the caravan. If you feel that you must be an idiot please leave before or after the caravan. We dont want CHP to shut down bimmerfest because of idiots.

6 Brit
04-16-2009, 02:41 PM
seriousry

chrisE92
04-16-2009, 10:17 PM
any word of an official meeting point for OC people? I'm thinking Ikea of the 405 in costa mesa, but I am not sure what time we should meet up... it really depends on the departure time for SD. let me know what you guys think; I'm from e90post, so I'll post it over there as soon as I figure things out

Ed103
04-17-2009, 07:23 AM
Hey everyone. I haven't been checking out the Bimmerfest info for awhile. Once the dates were announced a couple months back, I booked a hotel room near the site and I'll be going up Friday afternoon, so I'll miss out on (avoid) the caravans.

But since I noticed that the info I researched and posted last year was cut and pasted for this year, I'll give you some info on how to improve it. Last year, the San Diego and OC caravans were late. Big time late, like 20-30 minutes. The Inland Empire caravan was on time though, and that parking lot behind Ross ended up with over 200 Bimmers. People got antsy and started trickling out. Also, the damn driveway and street location only allowed a trickle of cars to leave at once. I'm gonna be honest and say that someone will have to block the Southbound lanes of Woodman just north of the driveway. That way your cars will have free reign to leave the lot as quickly as possible. The same situation will happen on the freeway though if everyone is hauling ass. We had a big problem with that last year. There were pockets of BMWs for miles along with cops pulling over groups of us and ticketing. It did not go well.

At this point in the game, it's too late to switch meeting sites, which is what I wanted to do for this year. Just definitely consider having a couple cars block the street and really remind people that it's a caravan, so the point is to drive together at 65-70 mph, not race there at 100. If things don't go well, just try to have fun and we'll see you there at the 'fest!

synenergy52
04-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Once everyone MERGES ONTO THE FREEWAY, drive slow!!! Wait for the rest to catch up. this is NOT a race.

synenergy52
04-17-2009, 08:55 AM
EXACTLY. YOU SAID IT BEST! WE NEED TO GROUP TOGETHER EVERYONE. Anyone caught hauling ass or leaving early will be looked down upon. THIS IS NOT a contest to show off!

Hey everyone. I haven't been checking out the Bimmerfest info for awhile. Once the dates were announced a couple months back, I booked a hotel room near the site and I'll be going up Friday afternoon, so I'll miss out on (avoid) the caravans.

But since I noticed that the info I researched and posted last year was cut and pasted for this year, I'll give you some info on how to improve it. Last year, the San Diego and OC caravans were late. Big time late, like 20-30 minutes. The Inland Empire caravan was on time though, and that parking lot behind Ross ended up with over 200 Bimmers. People got antsy and started trickling out. Also, the damn driveway and street location only allowed a trickle of cars to leave at once. I'm gonna be honest and say that someone will have to block the Southbound lanes of Woodman just north of the driveway. That way your cars will have free reign to leave the lot as quickly as possible. The same situation will happen on the freeway though if everyone is hauling ass. We had a big problem with that last year. There were pockets of BMWs for miles along with cops pulling over groups of us and ticketing. It did not go well.

At this point in the game, it's too late to switch meeting sites, which is what I wanted to do for this year. Just definitely consider having a couple cars block the street and really remind people that it's a caravan, so the point is to drive together at 65-70 mph, not race there at 100. If things don't go well, just try to have fun and we'll see you there at the 'fest!

mikejabb12
04-17-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm in.
I'll keep an eye out for a local caravan and meet up as well.
Are cops still A-holes about having the front lic plates? I remember it was really bad a few years ago.

xuismE30
04-17-2009, 09:58 AM
nice i just tuned my e30 to be tarmac ready

chrisE92
04-17-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm in.
I'll keep an eye out for a local caravan and meet up as well.
Are cops still A-holes about having the front lic plates? I remember it was really bad a few years ago.

sigh.. still are. I got a fix-it just 3 nights ago :cry:

leeor
04-17-2009, 02:25 PM
front plates are an issue everywhere and getting worse, if we get this caravan going right, we shouldent have a problem with the police

italyprieto
04-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Done! What time! 7-7:30am

leeor
04-27-2009, 01:20 AM
what? LA Caravan will be departing 6:55-7:00 AM sharp. be there or be left out.. dont make up your own times and confuse people please.

eee4666
04-29-2009, 01:42 AM
From what I've been reading on fanatics and BF.c the official Orange County Caravan meets at the Costa Mesa Ikea at 6AM and departs at 6:30AM SHARP so we can gather with the SD caravan to pickup the LA caravan @ 7AM...

synenergy52
04-29-2009, 10:15 AM
See you all at 6:30

leeor
04-29-2009, 11:07 AM
LA Caravan meets at 6:30, departs at 7:00 AM Sharp, we will be getting a call from SD/OC caravan and all line up at the woodman exit. Once were ready to depart, we will all roll out of the lot together, no stopping to stare, nothing. Right onto woodman, and right onto the 101. Please cooperate.