PDA

View Full Version : Need help on planning itinerary (Prague vs Vienna)

sachinh
04-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Under 4 weeks to go !! :) the wait is killing me !

After reading various posts and going through the wiki site, I still cant seem to make up my mind :dunno:! (i guess i am just too excited:) ) I'm in my late 20's and this will be my first ED car!!(335xi) I plan to pick it up on May 4th and drop it off on May 9th (Munich). So that gives me around 5-6 days.
Its just going to be my bro and me for the trip, so the plan so far is ..

May 1st Friday
Fly into Amsterdam, have a pre party for the car :)

May 3,4
Take the train to munich and pick up the car on May 4 @ 9am

May 4,5,6
Do the scenic routes around Munich and explore Salzburg.

May 7,8,9
Either drive to Vienna or Prague (or both?) Any suggestions ?
and be back in Munich to drop off the car on May 9th

May 10th
fly back :(

Any suggestions would be a great help !
thanks !

b-y
04-09-2009, 09:14 PM
I like Vienna a lot, but if I were in my 20s, I'd go to Prague and spend all 3 days there. :thumbup:

JSpira
04-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I would say neither Vienna nor Prag.

Pick someplace that you really need a car to get to - instead of having the car sit parked for 3 days. One possibility is the Wachau region of Austria (see wiki). There are many other possibilities as well.

CliffJumper
04-09-2009, 10:56 PM
I asked this exact question about 2 months ago

Prague vs. Vienna (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347870&highlight=prague+vienna)

john lance
04-10-2009, 03:18 AM
i like vienna a lot, but if i were in my 20s, i'd go to prague and spend all 3 days there. :thumbup:

+ 1

sachinh
04-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks a lot for the suggestions !! (and the link to earlier post as well, i wonder how i missed it) ,
I think I'm gonna spend 2 days out of my remaining 3 in Prague, I'll leave Vienna for my next trip :). I understand why one would do neither, but I guess I would enjoy roaming the city for atleast a day.

voltigeur
04-10-2009, 01:34 PM
-

Both great, great cities, but yes, given your age think Praha (Prague) would be the 'go' - but I'd also put in a plug for Budapest. It's a blast and of overlooked - cheaper also than Praha. The girls in Praha are, ahem, quite attractive :D

DonnaBlackson
04-10-2009, 02:40 PM
What about the , ah hem, boys in Prague, are they attractive too??

obelix
04-10-2009, 03:23 PM
-

Both great, great cities, but yes, given your age think Praha (Prague) would be the 'go' - but I'd also put in a plug for Budapest. It's a blast and of overlooked - cheaper also than Praha.

+1 to Budapest. We spent a few days there on our ED last year and had a great time. Prague's nice, but I much prefer Budapest.