PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I do Individual & Active Steering in one car?

dm5272
04-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Is this a problem with the website (programming) or is it true that I CANT have an Individual 7 with Active Steering??? The website does not allow both packages combined - I understand that since they each come with a diff wheel set - but why cant I choose the Active Steering as a separate line item like I can with the active suspension option.

Can this be done!? Anyone?
I would like to choose all options, excepts sports package, and then also include Active Steering.

Spiroman
04-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I was at the New York International Auto Show today and saw the Individual 750Li - the information sheet posted next to the car included all the available options for an Individual car but did not include the Sport Package in general or Active Steering in particular. The saleswoman nearby didn't have a clue as to the fact that they are apparently mutually exclusive.

I am puzzled as to why they would be mutually exclusive - I hope they allow both to be ordered on the same car if not for MY2009 at least for MY2010.

Best regards.

Spiroman

BmW745On19's
04-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Because the Sport Package Steeringwheel is unavailable with Individual.

The whole point of individual is to be able to get whatever you want, so I'm sure if you spoke to the right people anything can be done.

Stein
04-12-2009, 09:32 PM
That seems odd that the Sport Package would not be available with Individual? Can anyone confirm?

dm5272
04-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Just to be clear - If you review the new 2009 7 series... You still get the option on the shifter to go to Sports mode and Sports Plus - and it will do its thing as far as tighter suspension, faster shifting...etc... WITHOUT THE SPORTS PACKAGE!!!

Before the Sports Package meant you did not have that S option - This is standard now.
Thats why is you read what you get - its is mostly cosmetics - Wheels, Steering wheel, Roof Trim, Active Steering (important), and Active Roll Stabilization - which IS available as a separate option.

I am pretty sure that if Active Roll Stabilization is avail as a separate option, there is no reason Active Steering cannot.

Anything anyone can get would be appreciated... I am also calling BMW and get a sure answer and more important - the REASON. Hopefully just a Website accidental omission.

dm5272
04-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Discussed this with BMWNA today and confirmed that Active Steering and Individual Package is NOT available.

As for WHY!!?? - I have not "gotten" to the bottom of the reason.

Technically - this makes no sense or am I missing something?

dm5272
04-14-2009, 12:16 PM
This is upsetting me - I am back on BMWNA's **** list but I need to follow up with this piece of information

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/sitelets/christmasbook/fantasy.jhtml?cid=OCBF9_NMO3607&cmcat=Christmas&icid=NMCBpageF81

The Neiman Marcus 2009 750Li DID include both - Individual and Active Steering.

I better get both!!!! GRRRRRR! :mad:
Im calling again!

Stein
04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Odd, considering in Canada you can get an Individual with the Sport Package, meaning active steering.

dm5272
04-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Odd, considering in Canada you can get an Individual with the Sport Package, meaning active steering.

How you know this? Via online?
Can you send me link?
It cant be done via www.bmwusa.com
Choosing a "Build your own" 7 series.

Please share link or info.
thanks
dm

Stein
04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251114

dm5272
04-14-2009, 09:11 PM
It looks like the more I look into this the more I get dissapointed.

It appears that Canada can order Active Steering & Individual Package combined - US cannot!
IT also appears that in the US, the rear TV is only for watching Videos - NOT THE IDRIVE Functions!!! Which is why the US version has a remote control, while Canada gets a rear iDrive controller on the arm rest.

This is aweful for the US at least for my taste.
Also - the Canada screen is a 9.4 in widescreen, while the US is an 8 inch screen.
A Series WTF!!!!!!!!?????? is in order!

sunny_j
04-14-2009, 09:47 PM
dm5272 move to canada its not the bad here EH lol

dm5272
04-14-2009, 09:53 PM
dm5272 move to canada its not the bad here EH lol

Hell No! I luv my country dude. (No offense to Canadians) I like visiting though.:rofl:

But I may look into picking a Canada model - not sure what the issues are with that.
Dam - this is real bummer for me since I had hopes on the rear iDrive console.
Maybe not a big deal, but still a big let down since I expected it - as my current '06 750i car has this as well.
ugh! Im so upset about this.:mad:

Sunny - maybe you can order my 7 for me!:thumbup:

Stein
04-15-2009, 09:07 AM
As long as all the instruments can be converted to US measurements, it's not too hard to import a car from Canada.

shoes
04-17-2009, 02:49 PM
There is a special edition called the brilliant white package available in the US as part of the launch of the 7 series. This includes an interior by BMW Individual as well as a sport package. For model year 2009, this appears to be the only way to get both an Individual and sport package in the same car in the US.