PDA

View Full Version : Great Indy BMW Mechanic in Braintree!!!

E36Shikara
04-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to give you a heads up about Import AutoWerks in Braintree, MA. A great alternative to the $tealer. Ask for Alvin - He's a former Master Tech from BMW Gallery in Norwell. I can personally attest to his high quality work and I suspect because he is looking to grow his business, his labor rates are about 40% less than what the local BMW dealer is charging.

Also, he uses all BMW OEM parts and the significant savings he passes on to clients!

His diagnosis of my issue matched what the local dealer identified and his cost was waaaay below their estimate! Plus, the actual cost ended up being about $15% less than what he quoted! In addition, being the fact that he is a former BMW trained Master Tech, I was more apt to listen to his insight on preferred maintainance!

I told Alvin that I was looking for more throttle responsiveness from the car. His first thought was the fuel injection cleaning that my dealer offered for about $180. His price was close to half that, and now the 540i is running like it never has before. Interestingly enough, I am now able to spin the wheels in 1st gear and chirp between 2nd & 3rd!!!

All I can say is WOW!!! In any case, check them out if you are looking for an honest and local alternative from other reputable guys in the Quincy/Braintree/South Shore region of the state!

Check out Alvin's website at www.iautowerks.com

ps Added piece of mind is that Alvin warranties his work for 6K miles or 6 months!

E36Shikara
05-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Just a followup!

These guys are great! I had a problem with my AC last weekend here in Boston when the temps rose to 90 degrees. I couldn't figure out why no cold air was coming out. Alvin completely understood the situation and said to come in at 3pm, which is his closing time.

What I appreciated most was his willingness to be complete and thorough in his examination. He asked multiple questions to diagnose the issue before he started the clock. I told him about my recent front end accident, and he suspected that the freon may not have been refilled after the work had been done. As it happened, he was correct, he charged the freon and did a leak test of the hoses to make sure there wasn't a slow leak.

Like I have said before, at $72 an hour, his rates are reasonable and his work honest. He also, said that if the freon does in fact leak out, he'll charge it up again for free.

Now tell me, what kind of mechanic will go so far as to offer that piece of mind?!?!

ps. He also installed my aFe intake for free!! When he noticed the heat shield was going to rub against one of the A/C hoses, he offered to cut it so that the heat shield wouldn't rub against each other. (I tipped him $40, but don't tell his office manager(wife) I did so!)

- next up, I am going back to him in three weeks for a pre HPDE inspection, brake fluid flush and SS Brake line install. I'll let you know how that goes!