PDA

View Full Version : Too Much?

Clarke
07-27-2003, 03:00 AM
Well we now are one of "those".We added a second Bimmer to the family yesterday.2002 X5 3.0 Sport,Premium,HK,Nav,PDC,etc. The only real "problem" is both the X5 & the 325Cic are matching Topaz/Sand(a little over the top for cuteness).Since my wife took over the 325 at least I'll get to drive one or the other.Once she got used to BMW steering and feel she wanted nothing less for the family truckster(good girl!). We are loving it so far,have to really try and remember the laws of physics it goes/turns and stops so well.The ride is perfect firm. The only downside is the flack that will come from co-workers,we already get plenty with one, but that falls under the heading of their problem however. BTW it came with all manuals and records except the extra one for the Nav. Is this downloadable anywhere or order from dealer?

suzer
07-28-2003, 06:29 AM
We are one of "those," too.

I take a lot of flak about being an X5 driver, and it does get worse when they find out we've got a second BMW at home. What makes it even worse for me, is that the owner of the company drives a piece of junk, so several people have made the comment that it's weird that I would drive something so much better than him. He has a beautiful house and they take really nice luxury vacations - everyone has a right to spend their money on what they want, right?

I think also that people have an unrealistic impression of cost - I overhead two people saying that it must be nice to have a $70,000 SUV on my salary. That would be nice, but of course it's not true. Evil person that I am, though, I've done little to correct their impression. Let them think I'm making that much more than them! :D

Emission
07-28-2003, 08:17 AM
My wife and I have a pretty nice "fleet" too. At her job (she drives the X5) her car is just average sitting in a lot of Mercedes SL's and late-model Porsche 911's. I drive my Passat to work, and never mention my Porsche. I don't need the flak from my co-workers who just don't understand.

Some of us appreciate nice vehicles and are willing to spend a bit more of our income on them. In all honesty (hypothetically here) if you have a household income of $100,000 - the difference between a Jeep Cherokee and an X5 is really insignificant (maybe $2000/year on a lease). That money is well-spent when you look at the safety records of both.

ARCHER
07-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the party.

We catch hell about it as well. The funny thing is that the ones throwing stones are usually driving $40k+ SUVs. Telling them that I paid roughly half for my M3 of what their SUV stickered, usually shuts them up. :D

Masskrug
07-28-2003, 10:53 AM
Yup!

Disgusting, yuppie, two-BMW families!