PDA

View Full Version : Run flat tires

Guards Red Car
04-29-2009, 12:50 PM
I am sorry to see that the F01/F02 comes with Run Flat Tires - I am additionally concerned about my options for winter tires - I cannot yet find (Tire Rack, Goodyear, Dunlop Websites) a winter run flat tire for the 19" sport package rims. Any thoughts?
Thanks

BmW745On19's
04-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Screw runflats. The car rode beautifully with runflats but starts to understeer like mad at its limits. I think it would drive a lot better with regular tires.

Reekinghavoc702
05-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I am a tire tech @ discount tires and work with runflats all the time i honestly thnk they are a waste but thats my opinion. they are a one time use tire if you get a nail in it you are done with that tire. i would recommand that you would but michelin pilots on your car. my dad has a 745 and thats what i got him and it awsome, its not loud and rides very smooth. goodyear tires rubber is very hard and its loud same thing with dunlop.

but i would deff go with michelin pilots 100%

Guards Red Car
05-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Will BMW allow for ordering this new F01 without Run Flats? It would be EXTREMELY expensive to buy the stock vehicle, buy new NON run flat rims and tires then try to somehow unload the OEM stock run flats....Will BMW allow special order so I do not get soaked on the deal?

neill
05-04-2009, 09:26 PM
BMW will not build the car without RFT's.....

As far as winters go, recommend going with 18's on a dedicated alloy set - no mount and dismount issues (which offset the cost over time), plus the narrower width will allow the tire to cut through snow better and get down to pavement (the wider tire will start "snow-planing" sooner....)