PDA

View Full Version : Bimmerfest 09 final la/valley caravan info+checklist!

leeor
05-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Bimmerfest caravan checklist!
* Walkie-talkie (Strongly recommended, but not mandatory-Channel 9!)
* Full tank of gas
* Tire check
* Quick Detailer
* Microfiber cloth
* Mask tape (if you don't want to get rock chips on your bumper)
*Jacket, Light AM Showers/Drizzle, and a bit chilly!

FORGIVE ME FOR THE ESSAY, HOWEVER ITS IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

LA Caravan Info!

Address:
13750 Riverside Dr.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

Time: 6:30
Departure: Approx. 6:55-7:05 AM
BE THERE OR BE LEFT!!

Departure routine:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
IN ORDER FOR THIS CARAVAN TO GO SMOOTH, AND MERGE WITH THE OTHER CARAVANS PROPERLY YOU MUST COOPERATE, AND HELP FOLLOW ALONG!

1.OC AND SD CARAVAN COORDINATOR WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH ME.

I WILL BE GETTING A CALL WHEN THEY ARE APPROX. 10 MIN AWAY FROM OUR MERGE POINT.

2. RIGHT AFTER I GET THE CALL, WE WILL ALL LINE UP AT THE WOODMAN EXIT GETTING READY TO DEPART AS IF WE ARE A TRAIN! NO BREAKS BETWEEN US, WE HAVE TO FLOW OUT, AND ENTER THE FREEWAY QUICKLY!

3. WE EXIT THE ROSS PARKING LOT AT A GIVEN TIME, AND WE MUST FLOW OUT NO STOPPING OR STALLING (THIS IS WHAT CAUSED THE CARAVAN TO FAIL LAST YEAR)

4. WE WILL START TO CRUISE ON THE 101 UNTIL WE REACH THE 405 WHERE THE OC AND SD CARAVANS WILL JOIN US!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
ONCE YOU ENTER THE FREEWAY, PLEASE CRUISE AT 55-65 MPH OR YOU WILL END UP RACING YOURSELF, AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY REALIZE YOUR LEFT ALONE.

IF WE CRUISE, THIS WILL ALLOW TO MAKE A BIG BMW COMMUNITY ON THE FREEWAY, AND ALLOW US TO MEET THE OC/SD CARAVAN PROPERLY!

WALKIE TALKIES- SET TO CHANNEL 9, PLEASE TURN THEM ON AT 6:50 FOR BROADCAST INFORMATION!

I WILL BE DRIVING THROUGH THE LOT ASKING PEOPLE TO LINE UP.

I HAVE A WHITE E92 M3, 19" STOCK WHEELS, CARBON FIBER ROOF, AND A BIG AL & EDS AUTOSOUND STICKER ON MY FRONT WINDSHIELD!

AGAIN, ANY LAST QUESTIONS, LEEORSHLOMO@GMAIL.COM

PLEASE, FOLLOW THESE 4 EASY STEPS TO SUCCESS, DONT LEAVE EARLY AND HELP MAKE THIS THE MOST MEMORABLE BIMMERFEST 2009 CARAVAN AND EVENT!

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW BRIGHT AND EARLY!

SORRY FOR THE ESSAY!

07BMW335i
05-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Great info Leeor!

leeor
05-01-2009, 11:38 PM
thanks! goin to get some sleep! :P

07BMW335i
05-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Lucky you! I'm doing laundry and I still have to pack for the weekend. I'll get a few hours of sleep if I'm lucky.

synenergy52
05-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Leo you are officially in charge of next year's caravan. Awesome coordination and feel free to let me know if you need help. I'll flag you down when I spot your giant sticker! :rofl:

PMCF1
05-03-2009, 11:48 PM
The armada full of BMW's on the 101 FWY was the tightest thing i've seen yet! Awesome coordination man!

tomxe36
05-04-2009, 01:18 AM
i think next time we shud have a couple cars block the road for a bit while we come out of the plaza to enter the freeway

leeor
05-04-2009, 01:29 AM
haha, well we did have my cousin and a few cars help him out, from what i was told traffic was backed up on woodman pretty far.. people were hopping the median.. but some people that were stubborn and full of their ego didnt make it out in time.. point was to line up and just shoot out. I looked in the rear view and saw a million angel eyes :) and OC/SD was about 3 miles ahead and were going 50.. but whatever its cool, next time a tiny bit more cooperation, other then that i feel it was great! thanks all!

e39major
05-04-2009, 04:46 PM
yea we backed up woodman for quite a few miles haha, a couple of guys came out of their cars and were yelling and threatening they would call the cops...btw im the e39 that was helping the m3 block traffic on woodman :)... i was just wondering who has pictures from that part? and we were also filmed by some filming crew i wanna know where thats gonna be!!! i want to see that video!!!

ManicMechanic
05-04-2009, 07:54 PM
yea we backed up woodman for quite a few miles haha, a couple of guys came out of their cars and were yelling and threatening they would call the cops...btw im the e39 that was helping the m3 block traffic on woodman :)... i was just wondering who has pictures from that part? and we were also filmed by some filming crew i wanna know where thats gonna be!!! i want to see that video!!!

This is exactly the type of B.S. I was talking about in my other thread. Flip the script for a minute... Imagine if you were sitting in traffic and the road was blocked by a bunch of Harley guys or JDM tuners. How would you feel about that? You'd be pissed off too! Show some respect for those you share the road with! It's not the worst thing in the world if your caravan gets seperated a little bit and reforms back up on the freeway.

Marshall

e39major
05-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Marshall if everything would go as planned the caravan take off should not take more then 5 mintues and we would board the freeway all together forming a giant BMW meet...if anybody else would block traffic yea i would be pissed but i would patiently wait it out, another thing we couldve done was put up cones and signs but that would be illegal...

leeor
05-05-2009, 12:40 AM
lol, well it went by good, it was the quickest way, and trust me if that didnt happen then our caravan wouldent be "split a bit" but heavily split, like last year. It's fine, no need to get all crazy about it. i heard some people hopped the median :P and i saw a guy with a big camera taking pics aswell in a video...

the film crew were a group of people from germany i believe doing a documentary, they contacted me for info and asked if they could come... we'll see what happens with that.

right when i pulled out and my cousin blocked woodman off, i saw you in ur 5 bust that left and shut it down hahahah BIG BMW FAM!

07BMW335i
05-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Damn your caravan sounds like fun! Haha. I should roll with you guys next year. J/k. My group was cool about all the chaos.

tomxe36
05-05-2009, 03:28 AM
This is exactly the type of B.S. I was talking about in my other thread. Flip the script for a minute... Imagine if you were sitting in traffic and the road was blocked by a bunch of Harley guys or JDM tuners. How would you feel about that? You'd be pissed off too! Show some respect for those you share the road with! It's not the worst thing in the world if your caravan gets seperated a little bit and reforms back up on the freeway.

Marshall

two words. **** it ! :thumbup:

leeor
05-05-2009, 10:43 AM
guys, share the road and drive a prius! PRIUS FEST!

BobbiOh
05-05-2009, 11:32 AM
The reality is that in the grand scheme of life, keeping a caravan of BMWs together is at the bottom of the list of things in life that are important.

You have no idea what is going on in someone else's life at that moment. I doubt you would have been happy with a group of vehicles blocking you.

What if a group of Japenese tuner guys:

Made you late for work
Made you late for a friend's wedding
Made you late for a friend's funeral
Made you miss the flight for your vacation
Made you miss your child's first play/baseball game/etc

That's without going into the whole "Mom/Dad had a heart attack/accident is at the hospital and won't make it and you need to be here quick".

While I'll say the chances of all that may be slim.....you don't know. And the fact that only a few of you seem to care about others is disappointing.

leeor
05-06-2009, 12:01 PM
damn dude thats pretty emotional

but i would bust a quick ass move if it was that serious.. im sure i would find a solution.. not that everyones willing to.. well one guy hopped the median

leeor
05-06-2009, 12:03 PM
hey wtf what about when the city closes down everything for a marathon or for some stupid street contstruction, they should get this guilt trip too

BobbiOh
05-06-2009, 12:38 PM
No because then the public is notified. Signs are put out, the news runs announcements, etc.

leeor
05-06-2009, 12:53 PM
last time i checked i wasnt warned when my block was closed down b/c they wanted to fix something. Next time ill be sure to install my amber emergency lights. I have a full system from my ex-truck.

e39major
05-06-2009, 04:20 PM
what if what if what if...if someone had that serious of a problem im sure they would find another way to go through it, you wont move a wall if you keep pushing it with your hands...
and besides when the city closes down streets for movies, how about that one? i got my car towed 3 times already cuz they put up the sign the night before, you dont see me going down to city hall and saying give me my money back or i call the cops. so once a year people can let it slide its not that big of a deal.
how about in israel when they close down the whole country and nobody can drive? you dont see nobody complaining
i got one thing to say "al hazain sheli" :)

BobbiOh
05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
so once a year people can let it slide its not that big of a deal.
And you just proved my point. None of what you've gone through justifies being rude to other people. God forbid, someone should suggest that you stop and think about how your actions effect others around you.

e39major
05-06-2009, 04:58 PM
if you put it that way then they should be more strict about giving out licenses, they should only give a license to people in between the ages of 30-35 and only at the best shape, only people with families, blah blah blah...all im saying is that we youngsters can have fun once a year, especially considering its a saturday, most people dont work freeways are mostly empty, its not like were endangering anybodys life...yes there are a couple of people who did stupid stuff...but majority was just cruising along, us blocking traffic for a couple of minutes is annoying and selfish but hey so are all the people who stop to look at an accident that happend on the freeway...

leeor
05-06-2009, 11:20 PM
haha e39major.. you israeli?

e39major
05-07-2009, 03:57 AM
yea leeor, i am, why? oh wait are you too cuz leeor is an israeli name...

synenergy52
05-07-2009, 08:56 AM
it's bimmerfest--not a funeral. stuff like that is going to happen and does every year.

And you just proved my point. None of what you've gone through justifies being rude to other people. God forbid, someone should suggest that you stop and think about how your actions effect others around you.

leeor
05-07-2009, 10:54 AM
yea leeor, i am, why? oh wait are you too cuz leeor is an israeli name...

:)

e39major
05-07-2009, 12:17 PM
True, so jsut let it be.
it's bimmerfest--not a funeral. stuff like that is going to happen and does every year.

Leeor paam habaa ksheiehie bimmerfest im titztareh ezra tagid...