PDA

View Full Version : Theives at Bimmerfest

Caligula
05-04-2009, 07:37 AM
First off im not making any claims towards those who organize Bimmerfest or its sponsors, they are stand up guys and affected by this as well. This is about one **** head attendee.

Bimmerfest turned out OK this year. Things seemed turned down from what was going on last year, parties were not as loud, not many shenanigans took place at the convention, though all in all i had a good time. This morning came around and outside my balcony i could already see the other guests of the Motel 6 i was staying at beginning to leave. I went ahead with packing and during the process of putting luggage in my M3, i noticed that something was missing. Someone, most likely another guest at the Motel 6 with an E36 M3, had stolen the foglight delete covers off my front bumper.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2141/img2264nzz.jpg

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/7046/img2265.jpg

Later i learned from Halston of BSW that during Bimmerfest, someone had walked walked away with some M3 splitters from the DDM Tuning booth. Its pathetic that people act this way in what should be a weekend of good times with other BMW enthusiasts. I didnt take much damage from this, its a $30 set of deletes and $3 black paint. Though it still puts you off about what kind of people youre gathering with, as i would expect Bimmerfest as something more then just another weekend of getting thrashed.

Did anyone else have something off their car or room stolen by someone you suspect was here for the events?

BTW, if you know who did this, PM me. Ill make it worth your while.

synenergy52
05-04-2009, 07:44 AM
That sucks man. Someone stole my camera lens too. From the bleachers. Checked lost and found--nada

scottn2retro
05-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Any time the general public is at any kind of event, you have to be mindful.

I had a race car at the LA Auto Show one year and mistakenly left one window down on the driver side with the window net up. I thought I was doing people a favor, letting them see inside without the glare of the glass.

People reached in and pushed every button, tweeked every knob they could reach and actually took pieces of the car that were removable. Learned my lesson on that one. If I'm not there to watch the car, it is buttoned up and locked up.

Jon Shafer
05-04-2009, 08:40 AM
This really sucks. We paid for lots of extra security from the law enforcement agencies.

I would hate to be the perp, and find myself getting caught....

Sorry to hear about this.

04SSHD
05-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Sorry to hear this, I am the same way as scottn2retro. If I'm not with my car, the windows are up and the car is locked. Although that really wouldn't have helped in your case this time but at least it wasn't too expensive of a part to replace. Theives will get caught eventually and they will get what they have coming to them

synenergy52
05-04-2009, 10:03 AM
yeah that sucks there are lowlives out there at the show. if anyone reads this and you took my lense, you are scum. if anyone knows who took my lens let me know ill give you a reward. it's only a $90 lens but still.

HyphE36
05-04-2009, 10:18 AM
that sort of stuff really grinds my gears ><

I'd expect more from fellow bmw owners than boosting parts from another bmw owner at a bmw show... pa-bleeping-thetic

owtlaw333
05-04-2009, 10:50 AM
That fvcking sucks. I really hope something comes of these *********s.

Oddly enough, I accidentally left my passenger window down all night after getting back to my hotel the night before (I even had to park on the street since all the spots were taken) and yet nothing was stolen. I even had an iPod in the center console and a $300 tripod in plain view. I'm happy that mistake went unnoticed :eek:

armenak
05-05-2009, 06:28 PM
yeah and i got a nice scratch on my paint... **** it..intell next bimmerfest

shragon
05-05-2009, 08:08 PM
fvck thieves! sorry to see

00-bmw-328i
05-06-2009, 02:51 AM
wth....dude thats hella low........whoever stole that **** is a bunch of dirtbags....**** if u dnt have the money to buy the splitters......then dnt steal them save up ur money nd buy them........im sorry but who ever this is.......who was stealing stuff...ur a loser

3seriesbmw
05-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Cant believe fellow BMW owners would stoop so low.

Bmwcat
05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Sux that you got ripped at the Hotel. I stayed at a quiet place and had 0 problems. I had the top down at Bfest on the roadster, no problems but nothing to steal either. :eek:

Caligula
05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
To remind you guys, im offering $100 bounty for actionable information on the thief. Check these for more info.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366548

http://www.e36-tech.com/forum/thieves-at-bimmerfest-3375.html

00-bmw-328i
05-07-2009, 04:04 AM
damn i really wish i knew who did it lol i could use that $100

synenergy52
05-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Not to threadjack, but ditto for info on the person that ran off with my lens.

Caligula
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
This really sucks. We paid for lots of extra security from the law enforcement agencies.

I would hate to be the perp, and find myself getting caught....

Sorry to hear about this.

Thanks Jon. Funny, if you remember i was the guy in the black M3 on the way out that said there were too much CHP allowed at the Fest this year.

Yea, probably good that they got away, or else you guys would have to clean this up:

http://www.filmwad.com/fw_images/deaths/American_History.jpg

slixx1320
05-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Sorry to hear about that...but as scottn2retro had mention...everywhere I go when i'm not around...window's up and car's locked. There are too many thieves among the car enthusiat.

But definitely if I knew who took it...you wouldn't even have to pay me the 100.00.

ths916m3
05-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that. I was at the Motel 6 on/near the Beach, is that where you were? I always woory about my car when I go to functions. You never know now a days.

cwsqbm
05-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Its amazing the scum that exist. Many years ago, I was talking with a person working an exhibit at our local auto show as to why the hoods were now closed on all the new car displays. He said they caught a lady trying to walk out with a car battery (!!!) strapped between her legs. Its bad enough they would steal all the gearshift knobs, radio buttons, etc, but a battery?

Missmodena310
05-14-2009, 01:44 PM
He said they caught a lady trying to walk out with a car battery (!!!) strapped between her legs. Its bad enough they would steal all the gearshift knobs, radio buttons, etc, but a battery?

:tsk: wtf a car battery between her legs how on earth did that work lol i have the funniest image in my head lol but OP im sorry that this happened to you :(

///M3lissa
05-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Cant believe fellow BMW owners would stoop so low.

Why do you think its a fellow BMW owner?

An event like Bimmerfest could be a target for any thieves.. not just BMW owning thieves :dunno:

Bmwcat
05-14-2009, 02:13 PM

An event like Bimmerfest could be a target for any thieves.. not just BMW owning thieves :dunno:
His foglight deletes were taken at the Motel. My guess is someone wanted them for his own car. The average thief could care less about these sorts of things, they need a lot of money to buy heroin or meth. My 2c worth!!

BoostedE21
05-14-2009, 03:22 PM

I'm pretty sure your average thief would not walk past that car and say "OMG look, fog deletes on this E36". Im almost positive that 90% of the population there wouldn't even know that was there. Logic says it was another E36 owner.