PDA

View Full Version : troubles with iespell and new site software

DougDogs
08-01-2003, 04:25 PM
I don't know how many people here use iespell spellchecker. but I have all kinds of problems after running it on a post or reply.

If I execute the spell checker, the keep typing, strange "stuff" happens.

it is almost like invoking iespell causes the my "alt" key to seem to be pressed. Other windows will open, or pull downs appear. A few times it has reacted like I hit my "back" button, and my post, and all my typing dis-appears.

Anyone else notice this???

jw
08-01-2003, 05:43 PM
I don't know how many people here use iespell spellchecker. but I have all kinds of problems after running it on a post or reply.

If I execute the spell checker, the keep typing, strange "stuff" happens.

it is almost like invoking iespell causes the my "alt" key to seem to be pressed. Other windows will open, or pull downs appear. A few times it has reacted like I hit my "back" button, and my post, and all my typing dis-appears.

Anyone else notice this???
I haven't had that problem at all. However, I have recently upgraded my OS and reinstalled iespell check again.

DougDogs
08-01-2003, 07:26 PM
should have mentioned that this happens both at home, and at work. (desktop home and laptop work) both systems are running XP and IE 6.0

jw
08-01-2003, 07:31 PM
should have mentioned that this happens both at home, and at work. (desktop home and laptop work) both systems are running XP and IE 6.0
Same here and I don't have the problem. I switched from Win2k to XP a week or two ago. Have you tried reinstalling?

DougDogs
08-01-2003, 07:46 PM
Same here and I don't have the problem. I switched from Win2k to XP a week or two ago. Have you tried reinstalling?

I will soon. . . thanks jw :thumbup: