PDA

View Full Version : Bad Alpine MP3 Changer?

CPS
08-01-2003, 07:46 PM
I'm sure someone on this board will diagnose this problem in no time, and leave me embarassed but grateful. I installed the Alpine CHA-S634 changer in my '03 330Ci (w/HK) with the Soundgate adapter. I made sure the switch next to the eject button was set to "2", the M-bus position. The head unit ignored the changer, and the CD cassette would not eject. I then turned the switch to "1", the AI-net position. The head unit still ignored the changer, but now the cassette ejected properly. I switched the car on and off several times, undoing and reattaching the various cables repeatedly. No improvement. What am I missing? :confused:

neil@domino.org
08-02-2003, 10:12 AM
A working adaptor - I'd return the soundgate one for a new one.

CWolfey
08-03-2003, 08:24 AM
Assuming when you connect it you do have power and can eject the cd magazine.
Try these steps.. Switch radio off then turn off the ignition, Now connect the cables and insert the magazine, let it search all the discs, now turn on the ignition and if it searches the discs again, wait until finished and then turn on the radio. Press mode button to get CD-C.
I had some problems at first recognizing the changer also.

CPS
08-03-2003, 02:47 PM
Thanks CWolfey. But as the CD changer won't eject if the switch is set to M-bus, I think there may be something wrong with it. It is possible that I didn't "mate" it correctly, but I tried many variations with no success. I'm sending it back for a new one. Hopefully this solves the problem.

CWolfey
08-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks CWolfey. But as the CD changer won't eject if the switch is set to M-bus, I think there may be something wrong with it. It is possible that I didn't "mate" it correctly, but I tried many variations with no success. I'm sending it back for a new one. Hopefully this solves the problem.

Then it is probably the changer because at the least you would be able to eject it. Hopefully your new one works.

ScottW
02-24-2004, 08:44 PM
I'm sure someone on this board will diagnose this problem in no time, and leave me embarassed but grateful. I installed the Alpine CHA-S634 changer in my '03 330Ci (w/HK) with the Soundgate adapter. I made sure the switch next to the eject button was set to "2", the M-bus position. The head unit ignored the changer, and the CD cassette would not eject. I then turned the switch to "1", the AI-net position. The head unit still ignored the changer, but now the cassette ejected properly. I switched the car on and off several times, undoing and reattaching the various cables repeatedly. No improvement. What am I missing? :confused:

I have the exact same problem with my CHA-S634 installation in a 2004 330i. Were you able to resolve the problem and/or did you need a new changer or adapter?

CPS
02-24-2004, 09:43 PM
I have the exact same problem with my CHA-S634 installation in a 2004 330i. Were you able to resolve the problem and/or did you need a new changer or adapter?
I couldn't make it work, so I sent everything back to the merchant and received a new changer, adapter, etc. The new units work very well. But I never found out which part didn't work. Good luck