PDA

View Full Version : Door latch trouble?

suzer
08-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Twice (once several weeks ago, and then once today) I've had trouble opening my driver's door from the inside. Double-pulling the handle doesn't work - it feels right the first pull, but then there's some resistance on the second pull and the door doesn't open. Using the center console unlock button fixes it - I can open the door, and then I can't repeat the problem.

I've got my car memory programmed to lock all the doors after reaching 5 mph, and the key unlock programmed to open just the driver door first, then the other doors on second. Don't know if it matters ...

Is there something I can look for in the door handle/latch area that would give me a hint as to whether I've got impending doom or something that will just happen once in a great while? I gave it all a once-over, but it looks pretty normal to me.

AndDown
08-03-2003, 10:28 AM
This was a problem experienced by a few early models, especially during winter. Haven't seen this pop up within the past couple of years though. I would talk with your service advisor about your problem.

BMWNA
08-11-2003, 07:20 AM
Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím so sorry to read you are experiencing a problem with your door locks. If you would like our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us through the Ownersí Circle at www.bmwusa.com.

suzer
08-11-2003, 07:41 AM
Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím so sorry to read you are experiencing a problem with your door locks. If you would like our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us through the Ownersí Circle at www.bmwusa.com.
Thanks for the response. Since it's only happened twice in about a jillion door pulls, I think I'm just going to hold out until I bring the X5 in for an oil change (probably at the end of September).