PDA

View Full Version : $70 to fill up in Canada!

Masskrug
08-04-2003, 04:53 PM
Yes, its true. Ouch.

However, I managed to hike around a buncha trails for FREE!

SupraRZ
08-05-2003, 01:54 AM
Yes, its true. Ouch.

Canadian dollars, right? Anyhooo, how's the weather? :)

Masskrug
08-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Canadian dollars, right? Anyhooo, how's the weather? :)

Yup. I would not be happy if I earned CDN dollars.

Which weather where?

Guest84
08-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Now we know why the national anthem is "Ow Canada!"

SupraRZ
08-05-2003, 11:40 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tommyd
08-06-2003, 07:19 AM
For you Vancouverites...

Nanaimo and First... Petro Canada... Premium 94 Octane for the price of Regular!! :thumbup:

I think they're getting killed by the construction on that street this summer...
For the naysayers:
I don't imagine they could false advertise that for very long... and it's been a while... (someone would notice wouldn't they?)

...course i could have been loading my car with reg for the last month and not known about it... :cry:

Masskrug
08-06-2003, 10:13 AM

:D

Expensive as hell.
What a beautiful country though!

AndDown
08-15-2003, 09:51 PM
For you Vancouverites...

Nanaimo and First... Petro Canada... Premium 94 Octane for the price of Regular!! :thumbup:

I think they're getting killed by the construction on that street this summer...
For the naysayers:
I don't imagine they could false advertise that for very long... and it's been a while... (someone would notice wouldn't they?)

...course i could have been loading my car with reg for the last month and not known about it... :cry:

tommyd...just got back from Vancouver - what a cool city! Seemed like there was an X5 at every corner. You BC drivers are very courteous as well. Thanks! :)

Patrick330i
08-15-2003, 10:01 PM
Yes, its true. Ouch.

I paid $.79/litre Canadian last week, which was roughly $3.20/gallon for 87 grade fuel. However, I see that gas prices have shot up around here by about $.20/gallon over the last week. WTF is going on?

tommyd
08-16-2003, 02:10 AM
I paid $.79/litre Canadian last week, which was roughly $3.20/gallon for 87 grade fuel. However, I see that gas prices have shot up around here by about $.20/gallon over the last week. WTF is going on?

I know, it's nuts! If there's one thing a Canadian can depend on it's getting his ass taxed on top of the ass tax...
What's the cost per gallon these days stateside?

glad you enjoyed your stay AndDown... and you're right, the drivers here are c*nts...

...oh wait...
*scrolling back*
...you said courteous? ...

...are you sure you were in THIS city? :rofl:

Truth be told... drivers here are either dangerously uncourteous or dangerously overcourteous...
i.e. 6 lane major traffic vein... a guy decides he wants to cross the road (on foot) in the middle of the intersection... cars will screech to a stop to let him go... causing major traffic and sometimes accident situations...
i wish some of the drivers here would get a clue...

AndDown
08-16-2003, 09:47 AM
I know, it's nuts! If there's one thing a Canadian can depend on it's getting his ass taxed on top of the ass tax...

glad you enjoyed your stay AndDown... and you're right, the drivers here are c*nts...

...oh wait...
*scrolling back*

Truth be told... drivers here are either dangerously uncourteous or dangerously overcourteous...
i.e. 6 lane major traffic vein... a guy decides he wants to cross the road (on foot) in the middle of the intersection... cars will screech to a stop to let him go... causing major traffic and sometimes accident situations...

aah, maybe I was in LA :confused: :rofl:

Patrick330i
08-16-2003, 11:48 AM

...oh wait...
*scrolling back*

I am seeing well over $2/gallon in parts of the PNW, but I did fill up in So.Washington for $1.99 92 Octane. Two weeks ago, I filled up for $1.79, so something is up. Been out of the loop on news, I guess.

As for the courteous driving thing, it is all relative to what one is used to, I guess. Would you believe that I did get into it with one Vancouverite? He left me hanging in an intersection (wouldn't pull up) on Georgia st. or whatever it is called (the one heading to the Lions Gate Bridge). I had to go around him and I gave him a piece of my mind. His response: a smile and "is everything alright?" I'd call that response rather courteous! :D The traffic in Vancouver otherwise seems terrible. I was told that it took someone over 4 hours to get from Whistler to the ferry terminal in Twassan (sp?). The ride to W. Vancouver from Whistler was fine, but from W. Vancouver to the ferry was atrocious. They barely made the ferry and only because of having a pre-existing reservation. HWY 1 coming into the city from Langley is atrocious on Sunday afternoons. Luckily, I missed that traffic as I was apparently up on a three-day holiday (B.C. Day). I didn't know that you guys had provincial holidays. Kind of cool, I think. Take the day off while the rest of the country works! :thumbup:

suzer
08-16-2003, 04:19 PM
$1.82 for 91 octane in KC this weekend

tommyd
08-17-2003, 08:19 PM
I am seeing well over $2/gallon in parts of the PNW, but I did fill up in So.Washington for $1.99 92 Octane. Two weeks ago, I filled up for $1.79, so something is up. Been out of the loop on news, I guess.

As for the courteous driving thing, it is all relative to what one is used to, I guess. Would you believe that I did get into it with one Vancouverite? He left me hanging in an intersection (wouldn't pull up) on Georgia st. or whatever it is called (the one heading to the Lions Gate Bridge). I had to go around him and I gave him a piece of my mind. His response: a smile and "is everything alright?" I'd call that response rather courteous! :D The traffic in Vancouver otherwise seems terrible. I was told that it took someone over 4 hours to get from Whistler to the ferry terminal in Twassan (sp?). The ride to W. Vancouver from Whistler was fine, but from W. Vancouver to the ferry was atrocious. They barely made the ferry and only because of having a pre-existing reservation. HWY 1 coming into the city from Langley is atrocious on Sunday afternoons. Luckily, I missed that traffic as I was apparently up on a three-day holiday (B.C. Day). I didn't know that you guys had provincial holidays. Kind of cool, I think. Take the day off while the rest of the country works! :thumbup:

I'm from Toronto originally so a couple of differences i noticed:
a) drivers in Toronto are MUCH more aggresive... but they seem to be better skilled and in the end... more courteous. My biggest pet peeve about Van is that drivers will stop in the middle of a free flowing high traffic road to let a pedestrian jaywalk... and not let a car merge and lose that 'pole position' they obviously want to have... (I know the latter is common, but it's VERY common in Van...)
Nice story about the driver on Georgia... to me that just screams "these drivers have no clue what's going on"... :)
b) traffic is actually pretty good in Vancouver... certain spots as you've mentioned, and at certain times are fairly congested... but for anyone who's been on the DVP (in Toronto) from 4 to 6pm on any weekday can attest too... the traffic in Vancouver is a breeze!

Glad you enjoyed your stay though! It is a beautiful city... :thumbup:

freighttrain
11-21-2007, 10:29 AM
lol, $70 my ass, allthough it was the premium stuff $110 to fill up , BC, Canada. I think it was at $1.18 when I filled :P