PDA

View Full Version : The annoying bits of the f01!

burf
05-28-2009, 06:24 PM
I love the car but the small annoying bits takes all the fun :(

i hate it when your mobile is connected via bluetooth and having a conversation through the speaker and the warning gongs overlays your conversation and interrupts it.

i hate that i can't fast forward through a media file from my steering wheel controls to pick up where i left it at .. specially if more than half an hour .. where i have to reach far for the < and > buttoms and hold on to them .. why can't i use the new scrolling control from the steering wheel to forward or rewind instead of showing me the list of files that i can choose from.

in my country it's very hot in here and the seat ventilation doesn't do good instead of cooling it blows hot air :(

so many radio station duplicates ..

so little information on the "Black panel"

the vooooosh sound when u put the Air condition on auto .. ppl on speaker can't hear you bcoz of it.. not much difference when putting it to the MAX option but abit little noisy ..

not sure if everyone is having this but .. using the bluetooth set .. i tend to yell and repeat more than normal to ppl i'm talking too over the phone .

navigation doesn't have all the interesting places for my country .. for example mosques (for Muslim prayers) which is first priority for me :(

Beemaboy
05-29-2009, 01:57 AM
I dont think the lack of "Fast forward though a media file" is anything new on the F01. I cant do this on my E38 and people have mentioned to me that the E65 does not do it either. I must admit, that I do find it annoying that I cant do this on my car...instead having to flip up the radio cover and hold down the **** keys...

fq
05-29-2009, 10:50 PM
I dont think the lack of "Fast forward though a media file" is anything new on the F01. I cant do this on my E38 and people have mentioned to me that the E65 does not do it either. I must admit, that I do find it annoying that I cant do this on my car...instead having to flip up the radio cover and hold down the **** keys...

You actually CAN do that from the steering wheel, if I am interpreting the issue correctly. You just press and hold the up/down arrow buttons and you will get the same effect as you get from the FF/Rew buttons on the dash. That was the case in my E38 as well as my E65. I do not know about the F01 but would imagine it is the same.

burf
05-30-2009, 02:26 AM
i had a 540 and 550 u can always forward through media using the steering wheel button up and down .. but the F01 they changed it to the scrolling one and when u scroll up or down it only shows the list of media files in the black panel.. :( this sucks they gave u the opportunity to import mp3 files and took the old fashion forwarding from the steering wheel

sunny_j
05-30-2009, 12:44 PM
newer benz have the same issue. you cant skip forward with the steering wheel button, it only skips tracks. its very annoying

neill
05-31-2009, 12:57 AM
When you are in Auto mode for HVAC, you can adjust the fan speed in auto position (similar to E70 Soft/Medium/Intensive settings under auto). If the fan is too obtrusive in Auto, try dialing it to a softer auto setting....

Beemaboy
06-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Okay...No Fair!!! Why does this not work on my E38?!? When I hold down the arrow keys on the steering wheel, it just moves rapidly along the CD Tracks and not within the actual track itself. Was this setting only available on facelift E38s? I tried this on an pre-facelift E65 and it did the same as my car?

dm5272
06-01-2009, 11:46 AM
If this adds any value - my 750i 2006 & 2008 650i does allow you to "scroll" thru the track when you hold doen the up key and scroll back thru the song when holding down the down key.
If you tapped it- it would skip to the next track.

Seven11
06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
it fast forwards if i hold down the button on my steering wheel