PDA

View Full Version : Front Plate Holder

uglietta
06-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know if it is attached through the bumper, thereby leaving holes if it is removed?

neill
06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
It will leave holes from the self-tapping screws that attach the bracket

dm5272
06-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Where is the pics of your pick up?

Yes, I received a letter stating that the new 7 will have holes drilled in the front bumper due to new design.

Can you let me know how everything went?
How is your 7!!!!!?????

I was so waiting for your updates since you were also picking up a seven, but it never came :dunno:

I had your date on my calendar as well to see the pics. - nadda!

Hope all is going well!
dm5272 / bim1214

uglietta
06-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Sorry about the pics...will do as soon as I download fro my wife's camera. The delivery was flawless. Went from Munich>Bolzano>Venice>Bologna>Lago di Como>Provence w/Nice drop-off. Key first impression--the 750 is a very large vehicle for most roads, parking spaces and garages outside of Germany. I scratched the bumper on day#2 trying to negotiate the garage in Venice.

Travelled at about 125 mph when I could on the autostrada. We were 2 couples with only 1average suitcase and carry-on each and the trunk could barely accomodate the bags.

Could not adequately judge the handling of the car (it has Sports Pkg) given that we were always heavily loaded...but it does feel "weighty" compared to the Dinan 550i I am coming out of.

asaseaban
07-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Yes the front bumper will show the drill holes if you remove the front license plate holder. I removed mine and from far you don't rely see but up-close you see a bunch of holes.

asaseaban
07-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Here is a picture of what the front bumper look like if you remove the license plate holder

hayden
07-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Ouch. That's one of the downsides of ED. No choice in the matter since the front plate is already attached.

I guess I'll just have to put my front California plate on when I get it back. I'm sure it will end up saving me money in the long run... i've gotten several parking tickets in LA where they always take on an extra fee for no front plate. :rolleyes:

asaseaban
07-21-2009, 08:20 PM
I think it's retarded when they ticket you for having a foreign plate or no plate in the front. Va does the same stupid thing.

BMR2009
07-28-2009, 06:20 AM
Damn. Those holes look like crap. You can buy bumper plugs for those holes I suppose. I plan to clear bra the bumper as my LS460L looks like it's been shot with a 12 gage. I won't make that mistake again. Man, those holes are unsightly. Bummer.

BMR2009
07-28-2009, 06:21 AM
Did you experiment with the various drive modes; like sport?

Sorry about the pics...will do as soon as I download fro my wife's camera. The delivery was flawless. Went from Munich>Bolzano>Venice>Bologna>Lago di Como>Provence w/Nice drop-off. Key first impression--the 750 is a very large vehicle for most roads, parking spaces and garages outside of Germany. I scratched the bumper on day#2 trying to negotiate the garage in Venice.

Travelled at about 125 mph when I could on the autostrada. We were 2 couples with only 1average suitcase and carry-on each and the trunk could barely accomodate the bags.

Could not adequately judge the handling of the car (it has Sports Pkg) given that we were always heavily loaded...but it does feel "weighty" compared to the Dinan 550i I am coming out of.

chrischeung
07-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Ouch. That's one of the downsides of ED. No choice in the matter since the front plate is already attached.

I guess I'll just have to put my front California plate on when I get it back. I'm sure it will end up saving me money in the long run... i've gotten several parking tickets in LA where they always take on an extra fee for no front plate. :rolleyes:

My 2008 ED front plate was attached with double sided tape. No drilling.

hayden
07-28-2009, 10:36 AM
My 2008 ED front plate was attached with double sided tape. No drilling.

You were lucky. New F01/F02 models now have the US plate holder screwed into the bumper, and the wider Euro style temporary plate is attached to it.

XZLR8
07-28-2009, 03:44 PM
You were lucky. New F01/F02 models now have the US plate holder screwed into the bumper, and the wider Euro style temporary plate is attached to it.
All F01/F02 models have the plate holder?

hayden
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
All F01/F02 models have the plate holder?

Only when doing ED is it required. They install it at the Welt. Otherwise it is strictly optional.

XZLR8
07-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Only when doing ED is it required. They install it at the Welt. Otherwise it is strictly optional.
Ah, good. You scared me. :)