PDA

View Full Version : noise

ashecnc
12-27-2001, 05:20 PM
For about a week I kept hearing this nasty noise... It sounded like a plastic part inside my dirvers seat rattling over rough places in the road.. It was pissin me off..... I pressed and pulled and listened, nothing. I then got my hand and beat on the seat were your butt sits, I could hear the sound. When I got home I also tried that and now think it is the seat belt, part that latches, pressing up against the console making a noise, like a vibration. If that was it, I will really be pissed at myself. Now all of you will know this too..haha, anyone else had this happened with that part of the seatbelt? haha :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mr Paddle.Shift
12-27-2001, 05:37 PM
now that you mentioned it...I do remember a similar sound when I go over really rough bumps. Sound seems to originate from below arm rest area. I always thought it might be the RD front sway, but it wasn't. Will investigate later and see if it is indeed the seat belt latch.:confused:

sjs
12-27-2001, 06:04 PM
Nope but I have two other noises that are irritating me. One seems to be coming from somewhere around the rear map light on drivers side (over back seat ) the other is either the amp or a speaker that is really buzzing pretty loud now (almost two thousand miles since August, yeah I know I need to drive more often) Anyone know what these may be and how to fix them:confused:

ashecnc
12-27-2001, 06:27 PM
Yea Vince check it out and let me know. I still don't know if that is it or not. I also hear a sound coming from what I thought was my passenger side dash. I found if I go outside and lift my passenger windshield wiper off the glass and then drive, I have no noise. What in the world is the wiper doing out there?? :confused: :confused:

sjs, I had a horrible speaker vibration on the sides, My hk rattle in the back was fixed by BMW rep. He also took both panels off doors and put lots of padding and felt in there and tightened those speakers up, they now are clearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I also got a new amp!! :D

Jason 325i Step
12-27-2001, 06:37 PM
I have the same noise. It's not the seat belt latch, because it rattles even with my friends in the passenger seat.

ashecnc
12-27-2001, 06:39 PM
oh my god, then I guess my simple fix is not simple.... someone PLEASE find this part thats making the noise, w/o going to dealer.....pretty please? hehehe :rolleyes:

Mr Paddle.Shift
12-27-2001, 06:51 PM
Now this is freaky...

Here is one reason I can think of. When I installed my arm rest and console, I did notice a wire with a cable modem like connector (RJ something?). I asked Kaz once and he said that was for the BMW phone system. Now this connector is made of metal, could that be the one rattling inside the console??

Originally posted by Jason 325i Step
I have the same noise. It's not the seat belt latch, because it rattles even with my friends in the passenger seat.

ashecnc
12-27-2001, 07:04 PM
I still think my sound is coming from my passenger seat over rough places on the edge of road????????