PDA

View Full Version : Bimmerfester's NH Cruise, Sat. June 13.

DSXMachina
06-10-2009, 08:03 PM
The Bimmerfester's NH Cruise, is this Sat. June 13.

A few last minute things to go over before the trip.
The latest forecasts are for good to great weather. A lot will depend on which side of the White Mountains we are on at the time. Don't listen to the Boston forecast and think it will be the same, it could be vastly different and probably will be.

If you want to get out on roads that will make you realize what you've been missing then PM me and we'll fit you in! If you want to know what the trip is all about 'Search' for "Climb to the Clouds". Here's a link to a Google map which will take a few seconds to load but shows the route and all the waypoints. Click on any waypoint and you will get a pop-up which gives more detail.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=101767507822716986290.00046ab6a9097440519c9&ll=43.44594,-71.515503&spn=0.699923,0.973663&z=10

As with any Google map, you can enlarge and print any portion you want. Try hitting "terrain" and "satellite" to get an overview of the fantastic landscape. Check it out.
The highpoint of our trip, literally and figuratively, will be an ascent of Mt. Washington on the Auto Road. A trip no one ever forgets.

Here's the list of 'Festers who are confirmed. There are still a couple of maybes, but right now we can still take a few more.
nhman
xrated335
Viking 328
napoleon
Professor Cook
jdmass
idb
TTA89
JohnnyRoaster
DSXMachina

We will meet at the Tilt'n Diner for breakfast. Since we will hit the road at 8:30 you will want to arrive by 7:45. Park around back and we should have an area to ourselves. If you are running late, stay on Rte 93N and meet us in Lincoln at around 9:30. See the Google map for details!
If your gas tank is at least 3/4 full you will not need to stop for gas during the cruise. There are many branded stations but apt to be miles without any. Best bet, fill your tank before we depart Tilton.
Bring a camera!
Throw a WINTER coat in your trunk. You WILL need it on the summit where wind chill even in mid June can get into the teens. You will look odd but not half as odd as the tourists with shorts and t-shirts freezing their butts off.
Lunch at the summit lodge is simple but good. Soup, chowder, dogs and burgers. Snacks, tonic, coffee, tea, that sort of thing. We'll be at the top for about an hour and you can get pictures of your car you will not be able to duplicate anywhere else in the Northeast.
We are officially ending the cruise in Lincoln. There is a great restaurant there called The Common Man (a small NH chain) and anyone who wants to have a good meal and swap lies can join the group. We should be done by 6:30 so you'll still have a couple hours of daylight left.

DSXMachina
06-10-2009, 08:09 PM

The latest forecasts are for good to great weather. A lot will depend on which side of the White Mountains we are on at the time. Don't listen to the Boston forecast and think it will be the same, it could be vastly different and probably will be.

If you want to get out on roads that will make you realize what you've been missing then PM me and we'll fit you in! If you want to know what the trip is all about 'Search' for "Climb to the Clouds". Here's a link to a Google map which will take a few seconds to load but shows the route and all the waypoints. Click on any waypoint and you will get a pop-up which gives more detail.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,0.973663&z=10

As with any Google map, you can enlarge and print any portion you want. Try hitting "terrain" and "satellite" to get an overview of the fantastic landscape. Check it out.
The highpoint of our trip, literally and figuratively, will be an ascent of Mt. Washington on the Auto Road. A trip no one ever forgets.

Here's the list of 'Festers who are confirmed. There are still a couple of maybes, but right now we can still take a few more.
nhman
xrated335
Viking 328
napoleon
Professor Cook
jdmass
idb
TTA89
JohnnyRoaster
DSXMachina

We will meet at the Tilt'n Diner for breakfast. Since we will hit the road at 8:30 you will want to arrive by 7:45. Park around back and we should have an area to ourselves. If you are running late, stay on Rte 93N and meet us in Lincoln at around 9:30. See the Google map for details!
If your gas tank is at least 3/4 full you will not need to stop for gas during the cruise. There are many branded stations but apt to be miles without any. Best bet, fill your tank before we depart Tilton.
Bring a camera!
Throw a WINTER coat in your trunk. You WILL need it on the summit where wind chill even in mid June can get into the teens. You will look odd but not half as odd as the tourists with shorts and t-shirts freezing their butts off.
Lunch at the summit lodge is simple but good. Soup, chowder, dogs and burgers. Snacks, tonic, coffee, tea, that sort of thing. We'll be at the top for about an hour and you can get pictures of your car you will not be able to duplicate anywhere else in the Northeast.
We are officially ending the cruise in Lincoln. There is a great restaurant there called The Common Man (a small NH chain) and anyone who wants to have a good meal and swap lies can join the group. We should be done by 6:30 so you'll still have a couple hours of daylight left.

DSXMachina
06-10-2009, 08:12 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,0.973663&z=10

nhman
xrated335
Viking 328
napoleon
Professor Cook
jdmass
idb
TTA89
JohnnyRoaster
DSXMachina

Bring a camera!

ProfessorCook
06-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Can't wait.

///M-ratedE90
06-10-2009, 08:36 PM
I might make it a day trip instead and buy some time for the other stuff I need to do. I was looking forward to this don't be surprised if I turn up, despite my recent cold feet! I have your cell, so I will call if I am on my way. It is about a 3.30 ride to Tilton for me, so I might pretend it is a ski trip and get up early.

BMW_GAL
06-10-2009, 08:39 PM
I see you needed to start a new thread :)

Count me in :rofl:

I can only wish... :(

DSXMachina
06-11-2009, 06:12 AM
I see you needed to start a new thread :)

Count me in :rofl:

I can only wish... :(

We can only wish!

nhman
06-11-2009, 08:03 AM
I am looking forward to this trip as well. See you for breakfast.

Regards,
NHman

tim330i
06-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Please don't cross post!

Tim

jdmass
06-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Looking forward to it! See you at breakfast.

Jim

Viking328
06-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Hey guys!

I'm getting a series of Cortisone shots in my neck tomorrow afternoon. We'll see how I'm feeling by bed time and if my head will even turn. I really want to make it, as my doc has told me to sell the BMW and get into something "softer riding," and this could be my last hurrah with the 3 series.

I'll call you Friday night or in the morning, DSX.
~Mark

napoleon
06-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Might have to bow out of tomorrow. :mad:They are shooting a commercial where I work today and tomorrow. My boss might require me to come in to help out. I am not in the commercial (thank God). I will still try to make.

Viking328
06-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it everyone. I was up in the middle of the night and took a Tylenol PM...didn't get up 'til 2pm! Can't wait to see the pictures. It was 79 degrees in Southern NH, must have been great up there!

~Mark

superbrew
06-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Are you guys planning another trip for this summer?

Viking328
06-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Are you guys planning another trip for this summer?
I hope so! Even if it's not so elaborate. I need a drive up north. Anyone interested in a hiking/driving trip? Would love to get up the Waterville Valley area (Welch & Dickey trail) or perhaps Mt. Monadnock.