PDA

View Full Version : Scratch on my rear bumper

ed325i
03-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Hello,

After washing my car yesterday, I discovered a 3 inch scrap on my rear bumper. Looks like someone had rubbed my bumper while pulling out of a parking spot! Agh! Any ways, I have seen similar scraps "buffed out". What products do I need to buff out a scrap? Thanks.

Ed

Guest84
03-18-2002, 01:10 PM
I saw a guy on Autopia that had a chunk of concrete fall on his Audi roof, came loose from a parking garage wall where water had been leaking,, anyway, he got a nice big scratch, I believe he used some TLC and good medium polish, then fine polish, then some swirl mark remover like 3M's stuff, then waxed it, the before and after pics were incredible.

Never hurts to post over at their forums and see what pops up, maybe this guy will answer you and give you his 'recipe'.

http://216.147.22.29/forum/index.php3

ed325i
03-19-2002, 02:43 PM
Thanks. I got lazy and took it to a body shop. They washed and polished the spot. $50 Cdn and 30 minutes later, the car looks fine. I can still feel some of the bumps when I run my fingers on where the gash was, but the damage is difficult to see without very close inspection.

Ed