PDA

View Full Version : Motor Trend trashes the new 7

Guards Red Car
06-29-2009, 11:04 AM
I wish MT would have been supplied with a 7 equipped with Sport Package. Also, they keep commenting on the dark interior being a negative (The 7 was all black on black with dark wood and the Audi and Benz had light brown interiors) -- There should be some rule in comparo tests whereby the colors are similar and certainly the equipment should be matched (i.e. sport packages...) - That way, the reviewers can concentrate on the relevant issues - BTW, the 7 rocked all of the performance categories!

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0908_luxury_sedan_comparison/index.html

07X3platinum
06-30-2009, 07:28 AM
I don't understand how they could have rated the older Audi A8 higher than the brand new 7 series. And they said the gap between 2nd and 3rd place was not even close.

pmgreer
06-30-2009, 09:06 PM
I wish MT would have been supplied with a 7 equipped with Sport Package. Also, they keep commenting on the dark interior being a negative (The 7 was all black on black with dark wood and the Audi and Benz had light brown interiors) -- There should be some rule in comparo tests whereby the colors are similar and certainly the equipment should be matched (i.e. sport packages...) - That way, the reviewers can concentrate on the relevant issues - BTW, the 7 rocked all of the performance categories!

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0908_luxury_sedan_comparison/index.html

Well - it's Motor Trend...

baga
07-01-2009, 04:02 PM
look at this idiot, hes amazed by toyota !!!!!!
http://blogs.internetautoguide.com/6543864/auto-news/2010-toyota-prius-reviewed-by-arthur-st-antoine-at-motor-trend/index.html
Arthur St. Antoine ......... his name.....

want_a_7
07-01-2009, 05:43 PM
"It's the Windows Vista of luxury cars."

This guy does not appreciate the car at all.

Kayani_1
07-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Wow,.......Motortrend sucks:thumbdwn:

I like C&D over Motortrend for a reason. How can you pick the other two over a 7 er when it out accelerates them and out brakes and out handles them. Also, it offers greater technology and actually looks better. What really gets me is that they say 7er feels sluggish when you are not doing 0-60mph etc. But from looking at the passing acceleration from 45-65 mph it seems like Audi 3.0 sec, BMW 2.3 sec, MB 2.6 sec, the BMW is hardly sluggish in daily driving or in a passing situation.

freshwhite335
07-03-2009, 01:46 PM
what the hell was BMW thinking not giving auto journalists a sport package equipped car?!

i get MT in print and my jaw dropped when I read this article. Everything they complained about would have been absent in a car with Sport Package, for the most part.

SirPJ
07-08-2009, 09:16 PM
The guy has no idea what he's talking about, or he's never owned a BMW. I got my first BMW (545i) when i was 24 after driving a honda, toyota's, etc..., I WILL NEVER DRIVE ANY OTHER CAR BUT BMW! Since then i have had a 745LI, X5, 750I, and currently 550i and my next car in couple of years will be the new 7 series. It's just like when the 745 came out, no one was ready for the technology....give it a year or so and everyone will love it! i think this goof should stick to what he knows and drive Toyota Prius with all the pretty lights!

bembo19
08-21-2009, 12:56 AM
the A8 isn't as good a car as the E65 ! so its def no where near asa good as the new model ! this blokes a numpty !

OnlySkills
08-28-2009, 08:07 PM
One guy drives the cars and another douche reviews on his feedback.. Motor Trend is garbage anyways.. Car and Driver FTW.