http://www.nextautos.com/bmw-x1-production-version?src=Nextscreen

HW
07-01-2009, 01:43 PM
is there any point to the x1? :dunno:

MMME30W
09-17-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm liking it.

A lot.

So, since we can't get a five-door 1er, this looks like the next best thing.

Hmmm:

- Rectangular, versatile cargo area
- Sweet N54
- BMWness

If it comes with a MT, I might have to think long and hard about this... :D

jafarian
10-09-2009, 11:32 AM
what's with the new BMW design team? First with the 7 series and now the X1 and the 5 GT. What the hell is that ugly hood line going straight across the front? In that past, on all models, the gap on the front of the hood was beautifully worked either below or above the grill. Now we are seeing an ugly black line that goes straight across the front of the cars on all recent models.

Zeke77
10-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I think the hoodline may have something to do with the EU laws for pedestrian crash protection. I know that they have some pretty strict laws on how they must build the front end on any model--It needs to be constructed to minimize injury in the event of collision with a pedestrian.

In any case, I rather like the looks of the car in the pics. Further, I generally like the cars once I see them "in the metal." I did not like the X3 at first, but it ultimately grew on me....

kontir
10-28-2009, 09:51 PM
what's with the new BMW design team? First with the 7 series and now the X1 and the 5 GT. What the hell is that ugly hood line going straight across the front? In that past, on all models, the gap on the front of the hood was beautifully worked either below or above the grill. Now we are seeing an ugly black line that goes straight across the front of the cars on all recent models.

Sup w those seats? No leather? R u serious? Bmw cant put leather seats on their x1? Its almost 2010 it should be a basic thing by now. Wow sup w bmw lately. Have they lost their mind?

kontir
10-28-2009, 09:53 PM
I think the hoodline may have something to do with the EU laws for pedestrian crash protection. I know that they have some pretty strict laws on how they must build the front end on any model--It needs to be constructed to minimize injury in the event of collision with a pedestrian.

In any case, I rather like the looks of the car in the pics. Further, I generally like the cars once I see them "in the metal." I did not like the X3 at first, but it ultimately grew on me....

Srry to ask but this law in eu is only for bmw? Other eu cars dont have ugly designs like that do they?