PDA

View Full Version : Another New X5 Owner :)

SupraRZ
08-17-2003, 02:41 AM
Well, after about 6 months of browsing various bimmer forums, I decided that I finally learned everything I needed to know about BMW's, buying tips, etc so I went to get my X5 :)

I just picked up a 2003 Jet Black / Black leather X5 4.4i with SP,PP,DSP,NAV,19",Rear Climate with 15 miles on the odometer.

The deal was $4000 under retail, $115 down payment, $650/mo + taxes. 10k miles/yr, will be buying more miles later.

I already drove to Vegas with the car (i'm there right now) and it was a blast. I always thought nav was useless because i have a relatively good sense of direction, but there were other functions within nav that made me glad I got it.

Will post pics up later. Thanks everyone for your contributions!

Peter

suzer
08-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Congratulations!! :thumbup:

tgravo2
08-17-2003, 03:20 PM
:yikes: Awesome buy, Congrats! I can't wait to see the pics :thumbup:

AB
08-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Well, after about 6 months of browsing various bimmer forums, I decided that I finally learned everything I needed to know about BMW's, buying tips, etc so I went to get my X5 :)

I just picked up a 2003 Jet Black / Black leather X5 4.4i with SP,PP,DSP,NAV,19",Rear Climate with 15 miles on the odometer.

The deal was $4000 under retail, $115 down payment, $650/mo + taxes. 10k miles/yr, will be buying more miles later.

Congratulations.....the X5 was up high on our final list for my wife. Post some pics!

Is that a typo, or were you serious about the $115 payment?

AndDown
08-17-2003, 06:24 PM

I already drove to Vegas with the car (i'm there right now) and it was a blast. I always thought nav was useless because i have a relatively good sense of direction, but there were other functions within nav that made me glad I got it.

Will post pics up later. Thanks everyone for your contributions!

Peter

Congrats on your excellent buy - looks like the car probably was not test-driven by anyone, with only 15 miles; mine had 13 miles on it and I picked it up the day after it arrived at the dealership.

BTW, there is a group of X5 owners here in OC and the Inland Empire that get together once a year. We had our last meet (Westfest III) out in Indian Wells/Indio this spring and had a good time. Let me know if you would like more info.

Patrick330i
08-17-2003, 11:24 PM
Congrats on your excellent buy - looks like the car probably was not test-driven by anyone, with only 15 miles; mine had 13 miles on it and I picked it up the day after it arrived at the dealership.

BTW, there is a group of X5 owners here in OC and the Inland Empire that get together once a year. We had our last meet (Westfest III) out in Indian Wells/Indio this spring and had a good time. Let me know if you would like more info.

Can I crash that party with my 330i? BTW, I did see the pics posted of that event, looked like fun. Always good to have another happy OCer amongst us! :thumbup:

Congrats on the new X5!

tgravo2
08-18-2003, 02:05 AM
Congratulations.....the X5 was up high on our final list for my wife. Post some pics!

Is that a typo, or were you serious about the $115 payment?

I was thinking the same thing, I think he forgot a 0 :D

SupraRZ
08-18-2003, 02:25 AM
I was thinking the same thing, I think he forgot a 0 :D

Thanks everyone :) I'll post pictures as soon as I have the X5 cleaned up. I averaged 18mpg on the freeway going to/from vegas in heavy traffic (took about 5 hrs to get back).

Driving up and down the strip, I averaged 6mpg. Oh and get this... The parking lot security at the resorts didn't even bother checking my car, they just waved me by, after having to look at the trunks of 10 other cars in front of me :angel:

Regarding the down payment, I thought the CA was missing the 0 when he gave me the lease quote, because I wanted to put $2000 down. Later I realized that he entered in $2000 driveoff on the computer because I double checked his math with my spreadsheet...

So my down payment was $115, (one hundred fifteen dollars).

$115 down and $650/mo + tax for my X5, not a bad deal eh?

Peter

AB
08-18-2003, 02:52 AM
Thanks everyone :) I'll post pictures as soon as I have the X5 cleaned up. I averaged 18mpg on the freeway going to/from vegas in heavy traffic (took about 5 hrs to get back).

Driving up and down the strip, I averaged 6mpg. Oh and get this... The parking lot security at the resorts didn't even bother checking my car, they just waved me by, after having to look at the trunks of 10 other cars in front of me :angel:

Regarding the down payment, I thought the CA was missing the 0 when he gave me the lease quote, because I wanted to put $2000 down. Later I realized that he entered in $2000 driveoff on the computer because I double checked his math with my spreadsheet...

So my down payment was $115, (one hundred fifteen dollars).

$115 down and $650/mo + tax for my X5, not a bad deal eh?

Peter

On the surface sounds like a GREAT deal. Congrats! :thumbup:

Masskrug
08-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Congratulations!

I think you will need to buy those extra miles. I've put on 3000 miles in the last month on mine!

IFlyX5
08-26-2003, 11:04 AM
Congrats! You will love it. I've just traded in my 4.4 for the last 4.6is available in the U.S. and love every minute in it. Should have bought this one in the first place!

Post pics when you get a chance.

tgravo2
08-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Congrats! You will love it. I've just traded in my 4.4 for the last 4.6is available in the U.S. and love every minute in it. Should have bought this one in the first place!

Post pics when you get a chance.

:yikes: :bow:

can I drive it? :D :angel: