PDA

View Full Version : Stock Sound questions, disabling tweeters, stock subwoofer, stereo

sexy_roman21
07-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Ok i got some anoying hum noise, That i think is eminating from my door mounted tweeters(or mid-drivers) i wanna disable thim withour removing the stereo or taking apart the door. (is it even possible ?)

also my trunk mounted stock sub: 6x9 dosent seem to be functoning, Although the sound changes a bit when i press that button next to DSC. amsp looks OK fuse are too.

3rd question i will be installing 6 1/2 inch speakers in my door, i know that original size in 5 1/4 and that there are adaptor rings to make the bigger speakers work, i would like some info on that, tips how to change out rear (interior) speakers, are they 5 1/4 too?

i will also possibly install a stock mp3 enabled stereo from a newer e46 '03 or newer, wil it be compatable? will it play home burned mp3's?

i have alredy looked on the wiki,

additianal tips appreciated

slyfocks
07-13-2009, 12:55 PM
i will also possibly install a stock mp3 enabled stereo from a newer e46 '03 or newer, wil it be compatable? will it play home burned mp3's?

Business CD head units have a build date of Sept. 2004 or later in order to play MP3 CDs.