PDA

View Full Version : Motor Trend - not a fair shake....

550isport
07-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but after reading MTs unfavorable review of the new 7 as against the S550 and A8L, I can't help but wonder if a 7 series will ever win a comparison. 'The electronics are overly complicated' - yes they are MT. Always have been and hopefully always will be. 'The ride was not as creamy as the Benz'. I'm sure the engineers in Munich are saying to themselves "job well done then" after reading that.

I drove the new 7 briefly. The engine is impressive (MT begrudgingly compliment the 7s performance data) the design is elegant and the car is comfortable. What more do you want in a sports!!! sedan. They should be comparing the 750i M sport to the S8 and S63. Although you could almost buy another 7 series with the combined price difference between the Audi and Merc!

I want to read a BMW driver's review of the new 7. Like in Roundel. Until then, these journalists are reading through the wrong glasses it seems.

DRP

chrischeung
07-15-2009, 01:28 PM
I want to read a BMW driver's review of the new 7. Like in Roundel. Until then, these journalists are reading through the wrong glasses it seems.

Why even read MT it in the first place then?

When I read a review, I'm not just reading the conclusion. I'm looking for facts, items that are obscure that are not easily picked up on, and objective comparison in areas that matter to me. And if BMW wins the comparo - more the better. If BMW was the best in every area, or best overall for everyone - no one would buy anything else.