PDA

View Full Version : 2-Place Seating with Luxury Rear Seat Package

hayden
07-16-2009, 09:34 PM
I only just now realized that the Luxury Rear Seating Package reduces the number of usable seats to 2 in the back. (Third seatbelt is removed) I'm not sure how I missed this! :banghead: I assumed that the two outer seats would simply be more plush and movable, but a middle seat would still be available as on the S550 with a Rear Seat Package:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=193575&stc=1&d=1247801449

Notice no third seatbelt on the F02:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=193576&stc=1&d=1247801563

Ultimately I would still get the package, but I don't know why they didn't just make the arm-rest a nice built-in feature in the rear? (Like a Mercedes CLS) Since no one can use the middle seat area, would someone need to have the arm-rest in the stored position?

P.S. - My car went into production today! Estimated completion on July 23rd.

ChrisTO
07-16-2009, 10:22 PM
arm rest in stored position so ...well you know....it beats going to a cheese ball motel. :)

and congrats on the purchase...rather jealous...till warranty runs out.

hayden
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM
arm rest in stored position so ...well you know....it beats going to a cheese ball motel.

I think the flatter non-lux seats would be better for that kind of action. :D

and congrats on the purchase...rather jealous...till warranty runs out

Thanks, it's a 3 year lease... so no worries. :thumbup:

chrischeung
07-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Good place for handbags.

Remember that in many countries the 7er is chauffer driven, so the principals ride in the rear. Placing things on the floor may make them dirty, and putting it between yourself and the door/armrest uncomfortable.

As well, if 2 couples go out for a night on the town, with the gents up front and ladies in back, I'm pretty sure the armrest will go up.

BMR2009
07-30-2009, 12:41 PM
I had originally included this feature in my wish list, but once my CA described the loss of the center seat, I declined the option. You never know when you'll need to squeeze in another body, and having that option is important to me. I won't be a limo driver.

chrischeung
07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
I won't be a limo driver.

I wonder if you would take a resale hit by ordering the rear comfort seats - since the car is less attractive to limo operators, those that want to sometimes ride with 5 etc. No limo operator in their right mind would buy a car with less seats - it makes their operating flexibility a lot lower.

hayden
07-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the standard rear seats? All the official photos show the Comfort Rear Seats.

BMR2009
07-30-2009, 04:23 PM
The whole car takes a hit. The extra features just make the car sell faster. I can't imagine anyone insisting on having that option when searching for a used car, but if it's there, wow.

Will a premium be assigned to cars with this over ones that do not, maybe a little, but not much. I have kids, so it makes no sense for me to have it, but then I have the rear entertainment. Go figure..

hayden
07-30-2009, 05:28 PM
I have kids, so it makes no sense for me to have it, but then I have the rear entertainment. Go figure..

I imagine thats a very common setup. I saw several 750i's at Crevier BMW that had the rear seat entertainment.

Spiroman
07-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I had originally included this feature in my wish list, but once my CA described the loss of the center seat, I declined the option. You never know when you'll need to squeeze in another body, and having that option is important to me. I won't be a limo driver.

You are quite correct about "squeezing in" another body as the fairly high transmission hump would make anything but short rides uncomfortable for an adult in the middle seat. Best thing is to sit in the back of one at a dealership and make your own determination. To each his own!:beerchug:

Best regards.

Spiroman

BMR2009
07-30-2009, 10:15 PM
You can do it, though. And you can't with the two seat back seat--no seat belt, no passenger. I've been able to fit three in the back seat for lunches, tight but possible.

I agree, feet up on the hump is no fun, but it beats walking. :)

hayden
07-30-2009, 10:54 PM

http://www.7post.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

chrischeung
07-30-2009, 11:31 PM
You can do it, though. And you can't with the two seat back seat--no seat belt, no passenger. I've been able to fit three in the back seat for lunches, tight but possible.

It may defy logic, but try and put the fattest/widest person in the middle seat. that is because they can more easily straddle the hump with their legs, whereas a thinner person is more inclined to go knees up. The 2 outer thinner folks will be more comfortable since both side seats are relatively wide.

XZLR8
07-31-2009, 05:32 AM
It may defy logic, but try and put the fattest/widest person in the middle seat. that is because they can more easily straddle the hump with their legs, whereas a thinner person is more inclined to go knees up. The 2 outer thinner folks will be more comfortable since both side seats are relatively wide.
And for added entertainment, announce in a loud voice, "fat guy in the middle!" before you leave the office.

hayden
07-31-2009, 08:58 AM
And for added entertainment, announce in a loud voice, "fat guy in the middle!" before you leave the office.

You beat me to it. I was about to say "I'd love to see how that conversation goes..."

chrischeung
07-31-2009, 12:05 PM

This is how I do it. Fattest up front, second fattest in the middle. I say "A, why don't you get in the front, B middle of the back,... We should all be more comfortable that way".

I'm on the bigger side, and I know I'm bigger, so it doesn't bother me much if folks are direct. The main thing isn't actually weight - it's width. So someone could be relatively lean, muscular, but wide, to get the rear middle seat. Let's be honest - more likely they'll also be fat.

hayden
07-31-2009, 12:08 PM
You might hear "B" say: "*$#@* you... I'll drive myself". :D

chrischeung
07-31-2009, 03:47 PM
You might hear "B" say: "*$#@* you... I'll drive myself". :D

Dude, when I lived in socal, generally having more than 2 persons in a car necessiated additional cars.

It was also so dangerous to walk, you needed to drive anywhere that was more than 200 yards away.

BMR2009
07-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Problem solved...

What's this country coming to when you can't put three people in the back of a full-sized sedan?!

jbondbmw
08-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Problem solved...

What's this country coming to when you can't put three people in the back of a full-sized sedan?!

Those pics are hilarious. I like the last one where she is flipping the cameraman off, haha.

hayden
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Just announced for MY2011:

The Rear Comfort Seats, which are available in the Luxury Rear Seating Package (ZLU) on the 740Li, 750Li, and standard on the 760Li, will now include a middle seat and seat belt. This means that all 7 Series models will be able to seat 5 passengers.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

wjhughes420384
07-13-2010, 04:38 PM
the standard seats are no where near as comfy as the lux seats. not even close to my old 97 740il back seats.

hayden
07-13-2010, 04:40 PM
the standard seats are no where near as comfy as the lux seats. not even close to my old 97 740il back seats.

The rear seats in the package will still be of the same premium quality... they will simply add a middle seat and seatbelt (as the S-Class has done for a long time).

asaseaban
07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Problem solved...

http://www.7post.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=195433&d=1249082981

Thanks for the laugh.

It's like how come you never see fat people exercising...it's always the skinny and lean people in the gym, running, and walking everywhere.

Well, it's hard to lose weight when you can't even walk into a restaurant to order the very thing that is making you fat.

Just MHO.