PDA

View Full Version : 2009 vs. 2010

XZLR8
07-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Haven't posted on any of these boards in a while, but here's a quick update...

I think I am going to go ahead and take one of the final 2009s to be built, instead of waiting for the 2010 model, which was the original plan. I just can't get into all of the pictures of the new M-Sport Package (since when does MORE chrome equal SPORT?) and I am hesitant to imagine how much worse the lease programs may get in the new year, especially with the launch of M-Sport and AWD. I also eliminated the prospect of AWD because I am not willing to sacrifice Integral Active Steering, which is phenomenal in this car (even though I have been anti-A/S in the past).

My dealer was able to locate one of the final '09s, still in status 112, so I am probably looking at an (early?) September delivery.

My specs:
2009 BMW 750i
Titanium Silver / Black Nappa / Fineline Matte Wood
Sport Package
Camera Package
Convenience Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Sound Package
Ceramic Controls
Head-up Display
Instrument Panel w/ Leather Finish
Satellite Radio
MSRP $96,720

Question: Has anyone seen real world pictures of the MATTE wood option? I had matte wood in my 2002 and 2003 E65s and really loved it, but I am fairly certain this isn't the same thing. I plan to take a gamble and order it unless I can find something to convince me otherwise. So... pictures, anyone?

XZLR8
07-19-2009, 12:30 PM
One more question:

Has anyone paired a VzW Blackberry Storm with the new iDrive in the 7? Success?

hayden
07-19-2009, 03:26 PM
I have seen the matte trim and love it. I have it ordered on my '09 750Li that is in production right now.

I think it looks dramatically more elegant that the glossy trims. Almost like something you'd find in a Bently.

I will see if I can find any pictures for you.

hayden
07-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I couldn't find any pics. Here are some images from the BMW configurator online which I think gives a pretty true representation of the difference:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=193913&stc=1&d=1248044644

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=193914&stc=1&d=1248044644

vs.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=193915&stc=1&d=1248044644

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=193916&stc=1&d=1248044552

XZLR8
07-19-2009, 04:23 PM
I really appreciate the feedback, Hayden. Based on those pictures, I am assuming that it's the same color/darkness as the "Fineline Glossy," then, just without the shine. Well, that's exciting. I should hear back from the dealer tomorrow and find out for sure if the wood selection can be changed on the car I've selected. (Ordering from scratch wasn't an option for '09 any longer, so I am trying to customize a car that already has a production slot.)

I see you're taking Euro delivery next month? That should be a blast. My wife and I were in Munich in April 2007, but unfortunately it was before the new BMW facility was open. I thought about going back for the delivery of this 7, but I just can't swing the time away right now. Have you been before?

Did you order the ceramic controls? That's another thing I've only seen in pictures...

hayden
07-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes, its the exact same wood... just no gloss added. I prefer it much more. Although all options are real wood, the matte really give it an authentic look... where as the glossy woods can look plasticy. Just my opinion.

My wife and I will take delivery of our 750Li at the end of August. Since the factory shuts down, the car is being made now and should be completed by the 23rd. This will be our first ED, but I'm sure it won't be the last... :)

XZLR8
07-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Yes, its the exact same wood... just no gloss added. I prefer it much more. Although all options are real wood, the matte really give it an authentic look... where as the glossy woods can look plasticy. Just my opinion.

My wife and I will take delivery of our 750Li at the end of August. Since the factory shuts down, the car is being made now and should be completed by the 23rd. This will be our first ED, but I'm sure it won't be the last... :)
I completely agree about the wood. Like I said before, I had it on my two early E65s. Unfortunately, on my '05 and '07 E65s, ordering the Sport Package meant that you couldn't select matte wood. It will be great to have it again.

Safe travels to Munich. I'm sure you guys will love the experience.

Thanks again for the feedback.

hayden
07-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Safe travels to Munich. I'm sure you guys will love the experience..

Thanks. I'll be posting in the ED forum after pickup. (Hopefully within the 12 hour rule) :)

XZLR8
07-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Verified it with the dealer this morning... they were able to change the wood selection to "Fineline Matte." Awesome.

hayden
07-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Verified it with the dealer this morning... they were able to change the wood selection to "Fineline Matte." Awesome.

Nice. Just got an email from BMW ED with my VIN, and stating that my car is in the paint shop part of production... :D

hayden
07-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Finally found some. How pretty are these...

http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/HFoto/218331FotoGrande/$File/Bmw730eccelsa-(37).jpg

http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/HFoto/218333FotoGrande/$File/Bmw730eccelsa-(39).jpg

http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/HFoto/218340FotoGrande/$File/Bmw730eccelsa-(45).jpg

More here:
http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/WebGallery?OpenFrameSet&Frame=Body&Src=%2Fedisport%2Fautomobilismo%2Fgallery.nsf%2FHF oto%2F1ec9c07aa43d11edc125757e003736da%3FOpenDocum ent%26Query%3DRL%26AutoFramed

XZLR8
07-21-2009, 08:26 PM
I like, I like! Awesome. And with the ceramic controls, too, which I also ordered but haven't seen in person. Now I am really getting excited. Really appreciate you taking the time to find & post those.

hayden
07-21-2009, 08:54 PM
And with the ceramic controls, too, which I also ordered but haven't seen in person.

Your dealer doesn't have a car with ceramic controls for you to see? I guess we're pretty spoiled in So. California. When I was over at Crevier BMW about a month ago they must have had about fifty 750's on the lot and in their garage!

I'm glad you're happy with the choice. :thumbup:

Spiroman
07-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Found a few shots of the fineline matte wood trim with a dark interior. Looks great there too. Excellent choice. Gives it a really nice Scandinavian sort of look.

Best regards.

Spiroman

hayden
07-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Found a few shots of the fineline matte wood trim with a dark interior. Looks great there too.

Thanks Sprioman. That's my color combo... black leather with the fineline matte. :beerchug:

XZLR8
07-22-2009, 04:15 AM
Your dealer doesn't have a car with ceramic controls for you to see? I guess we're pretty spoiled in So. California. When I was over at Crevier BMW about a month ago they must have had about fifty 750's on the lot and in their garage!

I'm glad you're happy with the choice. :thumbup:
Yeah, you're fortunate. Here in central Ohio, there are two dealerships in my city and I won't do business with one of them. (Thankfully, the dealership where I do business is fantastic.) I would guess that my dealership has seen 4 or 5 non-preordered F01/02s, at the most. (I'm sure a few ordered cars went direct to customers that I didn't see.) In fact, the dealership still has the initial two launch cars... a white/cream LWB non-Sport and a black/black SWB Sport. I'm lucky to see options on a new release before I actually order, which is why some of the pictures and reviews that I see online are invaluable.

I'll tell you how bad it's been. I've not even seen the new 7 in Titanium Silver, much less in Silver with the Sport Package. I've seen a white car, a space gray car (on the street) and the rest have all been black.

You gotta have faith, as they say.

Thanks again for the info and pictures!

XZLR8
07-22-2009, 04:16 AM
Found a few shots of the fineline matte wood trim with a dark interior. Looks great there too. Excellent choice. Gives it a really nice Scandinavian sort of look.

Best regards.

Spiroman
Awesome pics. Many, many thanks. Very happy with my choice.

hayden
07-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Here in central Ohio, there are two dealerships in my city and I won't do business with one of them. (Thankfully, the dealership where I do business is fantastic.)

That's too bad. Where do you go for service? Luckily the scheduled service intervals on these cars are pretty far apart.

Also, at least you have (had?) a car with the exact same color... so not much mystery there. :)

XZLR8
07-22-2009, 08:38 AM
That's too bad. Where do you go for service? Luckily the scheduled service intervals on these cars are pretty far apart.

Also, at least you have (had?) a car with the exact same color... so not much mystery there. :)
I've been buying BMWs at Kelly BMW here in Columbus for five years. They've been wonderful in all respects... sales, service, etc. Before that, I bought across town at the "other" dealership, but as I said, I don't plan to return there.

I'm a Titanium Silver addict, so yes, it's nothing new. My wife has driven a couple wagons in different colors (dark grey and now white) and we had an X5 in Space Gray, but every other BMW (and there have been something like 14 others) have been Silver on Black. If it ain't broke...

advocado
07-25-2009, 07:52 AM
One more question:

Has anyone paired a VzW Blackberry Storm with the new iDrive in the 7? Success?

I paired the Blackberry Storm (two of them) to my F02 without a glitch. The car and the phone recognized each other in an instant.

XZLR8
07-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I paired the Blackberry Storm (two of them) to my F02 without a glitch. The car and the phone recognized each other in an instant.
That's encouraging. Many thanks.

asaseaban
07-27-2009, 04:34 AM
I've been buying BMWs at Kelly BMW here in Columbus for five years. They've been wonderful in all respects... sales, service, etc. Before that, I bought across town at the "other" dealership, but as I said, I don't plan to return there.

I'm a Titanium Silver addict, so yes, it's nothing new. My wife has driven a couple wagons in different colors (dark grey and now white) and we had an X5 in Space Gray, but every other BMW (and there have been something like 14 others) have been Silver on Black. If it ain't broke...

I'm also addicted to Titanium Silver but my recent 750Li was Mineral White which i've taken back and taking delivery of a Titanium Silver in September. I also have Fine Line High Gloss Wood trim with my order but after seeing the Fineline Matte Wood trim pictures that Hayden posted, i've contacted my CA to change/update my order to Fineline Matte Wood trim. Hopefully i can get the change made since the car status is "Scheduled for production"

The Rolls Royce Phantom has something similar to the Fineline Matte Wood trim (since BMW makes the Phantom, i won't be surprise if it's the same product but according to BMW they're trying not to bring anything BMW to the Rolls Royce brand like Mercedes did to the Maybach...but after playing with the Phantom, there're definitely some BMW 7er stuff in the Phantom, like the seat controls, iDrive, soft close doors, comfort access, contour seats, key fobe...just to mention a few)

freshwhite335
07-27-2009, 06:13 PM
im supposed to take delivery of that exact car except in Jet Black with Black Nappa with Ash Grain Wood.

and im completely agree with being happy about getting an 09. I dont like the added chrome on the msport. but i do wish i was able to get the anthracite headliner.

freshwhite335
07-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Finally found some. How pretty are these...

http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/HFoto/218331FotoGrande/$File/Bmw730eccelsa-(37).jpg

http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/HFoto/218333FotoGrande/$File/Bmw730eccelsa-(39).jpg

http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/HFoto/218340FotoGrande/$File/Bmw730eccelsa-(45).jpg

More here:
http://www.automobilismo.it/edisport/automobilismo/gallery.nsf/WebGallery?OpenFrameSet&Frame=Body&Src=%2Fedisport%2Fautomobilismo%2Fgallery.nsf%2FHF oto%2F1ec9c07aa43d11edc125757e003736da%3FOpenDocum ent%26Query%3DRL%26AutoFramed

active cruise w no camera pack? thats weird [to me]

XZLR8
07-27-2009, 07:58 PM
and im completely agree with being happy about getting an 09. I dont like the added chrome on the msport. but i do wish i was able to get the anthracite headliner.
Yeah, the headliner would be great.

hayden
07-27-2009, 08:20 PM
active cruise w no camera pack? thats weird [to me]

Now the you mention it... there are a lot of strange things. No heated/cooled front seats? (look at the design running down the middle... i like the perforated design better)

Yet... it has the rear seat package.

Perhaps the 730d is limited in its options?

XZLR8
07-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Now the you mention it... there are a lot of strange things. No heated/cooled front seats? (look at the design running down the middle... i like the perforated design better)

Yet... it has the rear seat package.

Perhaps the 730d is limited in its options?
Imagine paying all that money and not having heated seats.

BMR2009
07-28-2009, 06:08 AM
I totally agree with Hayden; the fineline matt finish is really nice, and I've seen it. I've had the gloss finish in every car I've ever owned and am tired of the pimp looking finish and fingerprints-done with it.

Also, my last five cars have been silver so I'm totally going out on the fringe and getting Milano Beige. I avoided this color initially, until I saw it outside and it looks like gold. So off I go with Milano Beige/Saddle.

By the way, great photos of the Matt fnish, but it's even prettier in person.

XZLR8
07-28-2009, 06:37 AM
I totally agree with Hayden; the fineline matt finish is really nice, and I've seen it. I've had the gloss finish in every car I've ever owned and am tired of the pimp looking finish and fingerprints-done with it.

Also, my last five cars have been silver so I'm totally going out on the fringe and getting Milano Beige. I avoided this color initially, until I saw it outside and it looks like gold. So off I go with Milano Beige/Saddle.

By the way, great photos of the Matt fnish, but it's even prettier in person.
I bet the Milano will be pretty, especially with the blacked out trim of the Sport Package. I tend to stick with silver for my cars simply because I know I like it long-term and it looks better between washes (I'm a tad OCD about such things). I think some of the other beige and gray colors are really nice, though. We had a Space Gray X5 and loved the color.

I'm glad to hear other positive reviews of the matte trim, as well. Can't wait to see it in person.

BMR2009
07-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I love silver. I had a 745Li and 997S cab both in silver at the same time, so I'm ready for something different. I love the new 7 in silver and black--it looks mean. Please post some good pics when you get it.

XZLR8
07-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I love silver. I had a 745Li and 997S cab both in silver at the same time, so I'm ready for something different. I love the new 7 in silver and black--it looks mean. Please post some good pics when you get it.
I will... assuming I can figure out how to do that.

Got an email from the dealer this morning. My car is officially built and awaiting transport. Even if it arrives at the dealership before the end of August, I'm waiting until September to take delivery so that I can see the new lease programs. Hopefully they will improve over the current offerings.

timhutter@sbcgl
07-30-2009, 11:44 AM
I will... assuming I can figure out how to do that.

Got an email from the dealer this morning. My car is officially built and awaiting transport. Even if it arrives at the dealership before the end of August, I'm waiting until September to take delivery so that I can see the new lease programs. Hopefully they will improve over the current offerings.

I am looking at a 36 mo/ 12k lease on a 09 750i. The dealer is quoting a .0009 money factor and 47% residule from BMWFS. Do you think better rates will be availble if I wait a bit?

hayden
07-30-2009, 11:46 AM
I am looking at a 36 mo/ 12k lease on a 09 750i. The dealer is quoting a .0009 money factor and 47% residule from BMWFS. Do you think better rates will be availble if I wait a bit?

I'm sure the residual wil limprove with the MY2010, but who knows what'll happen to the MF... it may be a wash.

BMR2009
07-30-2009, 11:47 AM
I don't care for leases, but can understand why some utiize them.

If you take a late 09 the cost basis would be lower than the 10, thereby changing the payments. Something to think about...

hayden
07-30-2009, 11:49 AM
I don't care for leases, but can understand why some utiize them.

I guess yours is a 09 as well.

This will be my first lease. The math just made more sense. I'll be able to fully expense the entire monthly payment to my business... can't do that on a purchase.

BMR2009
07-30-2009, 11:51 AM
That is true, and in your case it makes sense, probably. I too can expense it, but have chosen (with my accountant's help) to amortize the cost of the car instead, plus mileage. :)

hayden
07-30-2009, 12:00 PM
That is true, and in your case it makes sense, probably. I too can expense it, but have chosen (with my accountant's help) to amortize the cost of the car instead, plus mileage. :)

This was the response from my CPA:
If you’re buying a 700 series sedan, than leasing is probably you’re best option. That way you can expense your lease payments but don’t depreciate your car. A large sedan falls under the luxury auto limitations which limits your depreciation deduction if you buy the car.

The answer is different if the car is a large SUV with a gross vehicle weight over 6000 pounds.

BMR2009
07-30-2009, 12:09 PM
I've forwarded your comments to him. I'll let you know what I get back..

XZLR8
07-30-2009, 12:35 PM
The terms you were quoted are good through the end of August, as follows:

2009 BMW 750i
24 Month – Residual 49% of MSRP – .00090 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 44% of MSRP – .00090 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 33% of MSRP – .00265 Base Rate
60 Month – Residual 27% of MSRP – .00265 Base Rate

2009 BMW 750Li
24 Month – Residual 50% of MSRP – .00090 Base Rate
36 Month – Residual 45% of MSRP – .00090 Base Rate
48 Month – Residual 33% of MSRP – .00265 Base Rate
60 Month – Residual 28% of MSRP – .00265 Base Rate

Of course, the above numbers are for 15K/year leases, so you add 2% for 12K leases and 3% for 10K leases. My dealer also quoted a 30 month lease on a SWB car, which I think had the residual at 49%, too. I always have done 24-month leases, but I may lean toward the 30-month this time, just so the lease end can be better timed and I can save nearly $300/month.

I'm hoping that the September programs improve a bit -- maybe some sort of cash incentive or something -- since they'll be preparing for 2010s. I have the above locked in, though, so at least I know it can't get worse.

freshwhite335
07-30-2009, 09:51 PM
taking delivery of our car tomorrow. went to the dealer today to see it. the black on black with ash grain and ceramic is SICK! ill post pix tomorrow

hayden
07-30-2009, 09:52 PM
taking delivery of our car tomorrow. went to the dealer today to see it. the black on black with ash grain and ceramic is SICK! ill post pix tomorrow

Looking forward to it! :thumbup:

hayden
08-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Another nice shot of the fineline matte:
http://www.7post.com/goodiesforyou/f01/activehybrid/P90047062_highRes.jpg

XZLR8
08-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Excellent. Getting excited... the car should be in yet this week.

hayden
08-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Excellent. Getting excited... the car should be in yet this week.

Be sure to post pics! I'll be posting after my pickup from the Welt on Thursday.

XZLR8
08-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Be sure to post pics! I'll be posting after my pickup from the Welt on Thursday.
Never posted pics before, but it can't be that difficult.

Not sure when I will actually take delivery. The car hit port last Thursday, so the dealer expects to see it sometime this week. They'll be getting the tint done for me before I pick it up. If not by the weekend, then certainly by the first of next week, I'd assume.

Safe travels to and from. I'm sure you'll enjoy everything about the trip. How long are you gone?

hayden
08-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Safe travels to and from. I'm sure you'll enjoy everything about the trip. How long are you gone?

Thanks. We will be gone for a total of 15 days and have the car for 13.

Here is the link to our schedule (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375614) post on the ED forum.