PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help scoring a deal at a local dealership. Anyone?

FreeFlowBMW
07-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Is anyone able to score discounts on parts at the dealership?

I understand BMW CCA members, dealerships, auto body and repair shops get deals... I was hoping someone could pass it down and help me out w/ an incentive to the helpee

Dealerships I would prefer...
BMW of Stratham (NH because I work 1 minute 5 seconds away)
BMW of Peabody
Any other BMW in the Boston, NH area.

LET ME KNOW~! Thanks a ton in advance to!

I'm looking to get a rear M-tech II bumper cover, Rear diffusor, Left/right brackets, Left/right supports, Left/right and center mouldings

E36Shikara
07-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Hey Bud - why don't you pay the $35 membership fee for BMWCCA and get 20% off at BMW Peabody whenever you want!

Also, with BMW CCA membership down across the country, we need your help!

Good Luck!

E36Shikara
07-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Also, check your local NH BMW dealerships and save on sales tax!

Meiac09
07-25-2009, 07:50 AM
Also, check your local NH BMW dealerships and save on sales tax!

Thats bull****, BMW of Peabody will deliver the car to your door, and register it in NH so you don't have to pay tax. You pay tax based off where its registered anyway.

Judging by my sig, I had a less than satisfactory experience with the guys in Stratham. Don't trust them as far as I can throw them. Go to Peabody, they gave me a better deal anyway, and treat me very well, and will actually stand behind their product.

Viking328
07-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Thats bull****, BMW of Peabody will deliver the car to your door, and register it in NH so you don't have to pay tax. You pay tax based off where its registered anyway.

Judging by my sig, I had a less than satisfactory experience with the guys in Stratham. Don't trust them as far as I can throw them. Go to Peabody, they gave me a better deal anyway, and treat me very well, and will actually stand behind their product.

I think he's just looking for parts, not a car. If it's something I can get from Bavarian Autosport, I can mediate. Do you have part #'s?

Meiac09
07-25-2009, 09:31 AM
I think he's just looking for parts, not a car. If it's something I can get from Bavarian Autosport, I can mediate. Do you have part #'s?

good point, I guess I didn't pick up on that. Case still applies if its shipped, but BavAuto is better IMO :)

joe321mrk
07-26-2009, 04:15 PM
hey bud - why don't you pay the $35 membership fee for bmwcca and get 20% off at bmw peabody whenever you want!

Also, with bmw cca membership down across the country, we need your help!

Good luck!

+1

FreeFlowBMW
07-27-2009, 07:15 AM
I called and checked BavAuto and got an excellent quote however, I was later told that they sell aftermarket bumpers and that I would not be getting an OEM piece. I am looking specifically for an OEM bumper.

And as far as BMW CCA, I do not track my car nor do I do car shows very often... its kind of just a personal hobby... but thats where it stays. I'm not sure how I can benefit from this membership or what I will gain from it? aside from the occasional discount on OE parts?

Viking328
07-27-2009, 01:10 PM
For $35 a year you get a monthly magazine with great articles. You get discounts on parts at dealerships and aftermarket businesses (sometimes on service, but it depends on the dealer, mine didn't). The discounts alone on oil change supplies and preventative maintenance paid for itself EVERY year for me driving 22K miles/yr.

As for the Bavauto thing, if you're looking for E36 stuff they carry both O.E. and afmkt, not sure about E46. Might need to be special ordered. If it exists, they will get it for you! Just need part #'s. Ask for Mike in the showroom and tell him Mark sent you if you want to pursue it. He can take the time to look up the part #'s if the guys on the lines aren't willing (which would be stupid...it's their job) Let me know.