PDA

View Full Version : US Version Bluetooth Installed

intex98
08-21-2003, 12:07 AM
Just got done installing my US Bluetooth retrofit kit in my 2003 X5 3.0. Very easy install and so far, I like it a lot. A little pricey, but if you love gadgets (like I do), it's a must have.

My favorite part -- I get into the X with my phone in my pocket, start the engine and the phone automatically syncs up. No more fumbling for the phone in my pocket while it's ringing. :)

batm4n
08-21-2003, 01:04 AM
Now the only problem is finding a large selection of bluetooth phones.
Seems that only Ericsson has bluetooth capable phones.

I would love to see some other manufacturers add it into their phones like samsung

SodaJerk
08-21-2003, 05:24 AM
Can you post some pictures of the installation details as well as part #'s?

Thanks.

havoc_6266
08-21-2003, 05:32 AM

I would love to see some other manufacturers add it into their phones like samsung

Hey,

I know that Nokia has a few bluetooth phones on the market. All of them are GSM though.

Havoc

intex98
08-21-2003, 08:11 AM

Siemens has a couple. I'm using the S56 on AT&T GSM

intex98
08-21-2003, 08:15 AM
Can you post some pictures of the installation details as well as part #'s?

Thanks.

Here are the part numbers I ordered...

ULF Bluetooth Module 84 21 6 934 552

ULF X5 SAV (E53) Installtion Kit 84 11 0 302 641

I'll have to take some pics and I'll post them soon.

langbr01
08-21-2003, 09:59 PM
What was the total cost....

intex98
08-21-2003, 11:34 PM
What was the total cost....

Prices...

ULF Bluetooth Module 84 21 6 934 552 1.0 --- $435.00

ULF X5 SAV (E53) Installtion Kit 84 11 0 302 641 --- $164.00

rost12
08-22-2003, 05:30 AM
Just got done installing my US Bluetooth retrofit kit in my 2003 X5 3.0. Very easy install and so far, I like it a lot. A little pricey, but if you love gadgets (like I do), it's a must have.

My favorite part -- I get into the X with my phone in my pocket, start the engine and the phone automatically syncs up. No more fumbling for the phone in my pocket while it's ringing. :)

Congrats!

Did you DIY or had the dealership install? Do you have Nav?

I'm still battling with getting mine to work (5 series)

intex98
08-23-2003, 10:13 AM
Congrats!

Did you DIY or had the dealership install? Do you have Nav?

I'm still battling with getting mine to work (5 series)

Did it myself and yes, I have Nav. Wasn't too hard - Took about an hour or so. What problems are you having with your 5?

rost12
08-23-2003, 11:24 AM
Did it myself and yes, I have Nav. Wasn't too hard - Took about an hour or so. What problems are you having with your 5?

Well, I plugged everything in and all. When I started the car the middle one of the three phone lights went red, I got the "telephone" menu but there's nothing in there except for an "activate phone" message and, hard as I try, I can't start the pairing procedure.

I also took it to the dealership to have some software downloaded (as per the installation instructions), nothing changed.

Did you have any programming done to the car?
What changed after you plugged in all the units?

Thanks a lot for any answers :)

intex98
08-23-2003, 11:46 AM
Well, I plugged everything in and all. When I started the car the middle one of the three phone lights went red, I got the "telephone" menu but there's nothing in there except for an "activate phone" message and, hard as I try, I can't start the pairing procedure.

I also took it to the dealership to have some software downloaded (as per the installation instructions), nothing changed.

Did you have any programming done to the car?
What changed after you plugged in all the units?

Thanks a lot for any answers :)

I didn't have any programming done on the car - although I think I will at my next service. I think after the programming, stuff like the "emergency" function will work (it doesn't now).

After I plugged everything in, I started the car and, like you, got the telephone menu. I had a little trouble pairing the phone as well, but that's because I wasn't holding down the pairing button WHILE starting the car. Once I did that, the pairing processes started. I'm sure you've fooled around with it, but you may want to try different variations of holding the button down and starting the car, etc. ? Good luck and let me know if I can be of any more help!