PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Drive not so ultimate?

flintdragon
08-21-2003, 10:16 AM
The Komen Ultimate Drive is coming to Austin, TX in September so I go to the website to signup. In the two dragdown boxes where you can pick your time/vehicle, it only shows 325 vehicles. I checked the Temple event, which is a day or two earlier, and they have a selection of all the bimmers (3-, 5-, 7-, etc).

What's up with the Austin event? Was I just too slow in signing up and all the goods ones were taken? If so, will I still be able to wait in line to drive the other on the day of the event?

I'm still going to do the event regardless since it is for a good cause but I won't be too excited driving a car that I already own!

GregE_325
08-21-2003, 10:45 AM
The Komen Ultimate Drive is coming to Austin, TX in September so I go to the website to signup. In the two dragdown boxes where you can pick your time/vehicle, it only shows 325 vehicles. I checked the Temple event, which is a day or two earlier, and they have a selection of all the bimmers (3-, 5-, 7-, etc).

What's up with the Austin event? Was I just too slow in signing up and all the goods ones were taken? If so, will I still be able to wait in line to drive the other on the day of the event?

I'm still going to do the event regardless since it is for a good cause but I won't be too excited driving a car that I already own!

There are a variety of models that you can drive. What you see in the drop-down boxes are cars and time slots that are still available. However, you can go and wait in line to drive other models. Many people will cancel or not show up, so you shouldn't have a problem.
There are a couple of Z4's, a variety of 3's, several 5's and 7's. There's even a 760 if you want to drive that beast. It's a fun and worthwhile event.

SupraRZ
08-22-2003, 08:37 PM
There are a variety of models that you can drive. What you see in the drop-down boxes are cars and time slots that are still available. However, you can go and wait in line to drive other models. Many people will cancel or not show up, so you shouldn't have a problem.
There are a couple of Z4's, a variety of 3's, several 5's and 7's. There's even a 760 if you want to drive that beast. It's a fun and worthwhile event.

Don't you have to be 25 or something to drive the 760? I'm only 23 :(

Last year's event, I drove a few manual vehicles... But the clutch feels like it's been beaten to hell and back, and therefore, not so ultimate.

LDV330i
08-22-2003, 09:54 PM

I actually got an e-mail invitation from BMW about 1 week before the website claimed registration would be open. I immediately signed up knowing well that all the good cars and slots would go fast. I got to sign up for my first choices and for the times I wanted. :thumbup: I think if you are registered in the Owner's Circle you got the advance invitation.

Nick325xiT 5spd
08-22-2003, 10:04 PM
You have to be 25 to drive the 760, yes.

I showed up with no reservations and drove a Z4 2.5 manual, 325xiT (to check out the steering), 525i SP and 330Cic in the space of 2.5 hours. Then I drove a 745Li to Delaware. :str8pimpi

SupraRZ
08-22-2003, 11:09 PM
You have to be 25 to drive the 760, yes.

I showed up with no reservations and drove a Z4 2.5 manual, 325xiT (to check out the steering), 525i SP and 330Cic in the space of 2.5 hours. Then I drove a 745Li to Delaware. :str8pimpi

Age discrimination :tsk:

Should be "25 and up -or- currently own a 2003 or newer BMW" :D

Nick325xiT 5spd
08-23-2003, 05:49 AM
Insurance companies. *sigh* I really wanted to drive that 760.