PDA

View Full Version : Tinting in San Diego

Bill-SD
08-21-2003, 01:39 PM
Can anyone recommend a good shop in San Diego to get my windows tinted? I haven't had a car done in a while but the last time it was a hassle getting them to tint the front windows. Is that still a problem? About how much should I expect to spend on this?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

Jeff_DML
08-21-2003, 02:56 PM
me too :wave:

Jeff_DML
11-19-2003, 06:40 PM
bump

No one still? Leuc330Ci got any?

thanks

Mr. Sparkle
11-19-2003, 08:22 PM
bump

No one still? Leuc330Ci got any?

thanks

None of my windows are tinted. Sorry.

CarlosC
11-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Call Carlos at SolarCare 760-726-1838. (They're mobile and can usually go to your work.) I recommened LLumar's lightest shade, 50% all around, but whatever you prefer of course. They are especially good at reducing the appearance of "dots" on the rear window. Tell them the "other" Carlos from Chula Vista sent you. :)

Jeff_DML
11-20-2003, 11:40 AM
Call Carlos at SolarCare 760-726-1838. (They're mobile and can usually go to your work.) I recommened LLumar's lightest shade, 50% all around, but whatever you prefer of course. They are especially good at reducing the appearance of "dots" on the rear window. Tell them the "other" Carlos from Chula Vista sent you. :)

thanks :D how much if you dont mind? Look like side windows and rear. Also he doesnt have problem with tinting the side too, right?

Mr. E
11-20-2003, 02:15 PM
I can recommend Mr. Tint on Auto Park Way in Escondido (just north of the dealerships). Under construction web site with phone numbers: http://www.mrtintman.com/

I got Formula One 38% metallized tint on all five windows. To have the fronts tinted I just had to sign a waiver stating that I'd been advised of the California vehicle law regarding window tints. Obviously it was just to cover themselves, which I understand completely. The metallized tint has a lifetime warranty (including color change). The only issue with it, which I was warned about in advance, is that it pretty much hosed AM radio reception. FM is fine though. I don't listen to AM much, but when I do this again, I'll check into the new ceramic tints.

I've attached a picture showing how 38% tint looks. I've had it for two years now, and never been pulled over. Night vision is perfect and it really cuts down the heat of the sun coming through the window. You still feel it, but it's not nearly as noticeable. When I asked for the 38% all around, they said that it's a good idea to do that instead of dark in the back/light in the front. You're less likely to get pulled over when it's consistent.

Jeff_DML
11-20-2003, 03:18 PM
I can recommend Mr. Tint on Auto Park Way in Escondido (just north of the dealerships). Under construction web site with phone numbers: http://www.mrtintman.com/

I got Formula One 38% metallized tint on all five windows. To have the fronts tinted I just had to sign a waiver stating that I'd been advised of the California vehicle law regarding window tints. Obviously it was just to cover themselves, which I understand completely. The metallized tint has a lifetime warranty (including color change). The only issue with it, which I was warned about in advance, is that it pretty much hosed AM radio reception. FM is fine though. I don't listen to AM much, but when I do this again, I'll check into the new ceramic tints.

I've attached a picture showing how 38% tint looks. I've had it for two years now, and never been pulled over. Night vision is perfect and it really cuts down the heat of the sun coming through the window. You still feel it, but it's not nearly as noticeable. When I asked for the 38% all around, they said that it's a good idea to do that instead of dark in the back/light in the front. You're less likely to get pulled over when it's consistent.

Looks good :thumbup: My wife works in Escondido so she could just stop by on the way home.

CarlosC
11-20-2003, 04:19 PM
I think he normally charges about $275-$300, but I would call to make sure. No problem with tinting the sides. Wherever you end up going, make sure they get the rear window (dots) to look as good as possible, that's one place where you can tell the quality of the tint job.

Jeff_DML
11-20-2003, 04:26 PM
I think he normally charges about $275-$300, but I would call to make sure. No problem with tinting the sides. Wherever you end up going, make sure they get the rear window (dots) to look as good as possible, that's one place where you can tell the quality of the tint job.

thanks, yeah my previous car had tint and they did a good job, no bubbles, but it was in bakersfield :yikes: Seen so many bad ones thus asking for recommendations :thumbup:

LeucX3
11-20-2003, 04:27 PM
I got my windows tinted from here:
http://www.mmtint.com/

I think i paid something in the low 200 range for all windows. I got the 3M tint, but it wasn't Black Panther as listed on the site, it was something newer.

I got 35 on back and 50 on sides. They did a good job, no complaints. Sorry, but i dont' have any new pics of my car with the tint job yet.

Jeff_DML
11-20-2003, 04:32 PM
I got my windows tinted from here:
http://www.mmtint.com/

I think i paid something in the low 200 range for all windows. I got the 3M tint, but it wasn't Black Panther as listed on the site, it was something newer.

I got 35 on back and 50 on sides. They did a good job, no complaints. Sorry, but i dont' have any new pics of my car with the tint job yet.

too many choices :D

Escondidio again, I like how they tint for the dealerships, including mine Brecht :thumbup:

LeucX3
11-20-2003, 04:38 PM
Escondidio again, I like how they tint for the dealerships, including mine Brecht :thumbup:

That's pretty much why i went to them.

Jeff_DML
11-20-2003, 04:41 PM
I got 35 on back and 50 on sides.

Edit[] Never mind, just found it on the specs

Mr. E
11-20-2003, 06:30 PM
Looks good :thumbup: My wife works in Escondido so she could just stop by on the way home.I forgot to mention, I think Mr. Tint charged me $210.00 for the five windows. I'd never had tint before, so one of the things I was surprised about was the curing time. It took a good three to four days before all of the application "bubbling" was gone out of the windows. That might have also been because it was winter when I had it done. Since it's fully cured I've had no problems at all with it. Very durable and scratch resistant, even on the front where I put the windows up and down quite often. Having the lifetime warranty is very reassuring as well. The warranty is transferrable to any Formula One tint dealer in the U.S.
http://www.formulaone.com

numbersguy
11-20-2003, 06:46 PM
Is anbody in So Cal installing Huper Optik ceramic yet? I'd like to see it for myself. Phoenix is a bit far to drive for a tint job.

MR325iT
11-21-2003, 11:52 PM

I'll second that - Carlos has done probably 5 or 6 cars between mine, my wife's, and my dad's cars over the years. Cannot say enough about his work - he's awesome.

Here's a sample:

mrtint
09-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi this is Robert from Mr Tint in Escondido. If you have any questions about moleskin or Pinnacle please give us a call. Anyone of our installers will be more than happy to answer your questions and give you a free quote over the phone. 1 800 2MRTINT. Also if you print this post well give you $40 off on your next pinnacle job.