PDA

View Full Version : Trim install?

The Roadstergal
08-22-2003, 01:06 AM
I got a dash kit on closeout from RD sport! :D The install instructions are in German. :( What should I use to adhere the kit pieces to the plastic dash, and what to attach it to the vinyl on the doors?

Clarke
08-22-2003, 02:58 AM
First get half a cup of mare's sweat...Are you sure there isn't some thin double sided servo tape somewhere in the package?I assume you have tried RD,some of the dash conversion places might have a DIY section or sell the proper tape.Prep is everything on this,all silicones/dressings must be cleaned off for adhesion.Conversely possibly Alex could translate? Good luck and please post before/after pix,Sounds great!

Alex Baumann
08-22-2003, 11:31 AM
RGal, did you get it done ? If you need help, mail me the instructions.

The Roadstergal
08-22-2003, 11:49 AM
I'll email them to you in a bit - thanks!

Alex Baumann
08-22-2003, 12:00 PM
I'll email them to you in a bit - thanks!

send it to abauma@gmx.de

Alex Baumann
08-22-2003, 06:36 PM
According to the instructions, there must be some adhesive in the package. Was it there ?

The Roadstergal
08-22-2003, 07:13 PM
No, just the pieces and the screws for the glovebox piece. :(

Alex Baumann
08-22-2003, 07:22 PM
No, just the pieces and the screws for the glovebox piece. :(

Contact the dealer and ask for the adhesive. It is written in the instructions.

*can't remember the exact name of the stuff right now, I'm on my notebook, don't have access to the main system.*

The Roadstergal
08-23-2003, 10:55 PM
I went ahead with silicone. The OBC and radio surround went fine, the glovebox trim was easy, the driver's side didn't fit well. I saw how it wanted to fit, but it needed to be distended around the steering column. I taped it in place while it sets (duct tape looks faaabulous!). The door trim doesn't fit. It's for a sedan, I could see once I put it up to the door. :bawling: