PDA

View Full Version : need hekp asap

325esblack
08-05-2009, 03:06 AM
Story goes...me and the homies were out drivin...been slammin ckutch...downhill on neutral...I try to go to 4th to slow down while downshifting...transitioned smoothly...then I'm stuck in neutral..car starts fine.anyone know wut tf happend to my car?

325esblack
08-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Ok so ummm...like I said...going downhill,somehow I got my gear stuck on second while my shift assembly feels stuck on neutral....I can control the cluth pedal in order to get 2nd gear going and I can accelerate...I tried to release the gear out of second while holding down the cluth pedal but the shifter doesn't budge...I'm gonna take my transmission down to check it out but any heads up or advice would be greatly appreciated...I like my 1986 bmw 325es...help me keep this baby going!!

Shanefox
08-06-2009, 06:57 PM
sounds like the syncro mesh is gonski, big job to fix i think

325esblack
08-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Yea....I'm already about to drop the transmission and taking it to a guy I know to check it out but I was hoping for a response on something not as difficult.....its really weird because I didn't hear anything when it happend I was just coastingdown a hill and tried to throw it into 4th I believe but couldn't get out of what looked like neutral....one thing I think might have done it is that I flushed the transmission fluid and realized I had put the wrong tranny fluid...I don't recall mixing two kinds as I flush all fluids before changing them...just curious though...would the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder have anything to do with this?I don't see anything particularly wrong witht the clutch since I used it to drive home in 2nd gear without problems...anymore tranny knowledge would be greatly appreciated!